Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Dependant visa(Spousal)

Default Dependant visa(Spousal)

Dear Ms.Patricia,

I would like to get information on family reunion visa.I'm getting married with this girl who is an Indian living in Spain from last 18 years(going to apply for citizenship very soon).
    How long will take me to get a dependent visa?What are the documents required from my side and her side?

Her passport and visa card copies are attached hereby.
    I'm waiting for your valuable suggestions.Please let me know if I could avail your services for my case.
    Thank you very much.
    KMJoshy.
    N.B-Message already dent to your lawbird email id

Hello Kmjoshy,

I have replied your email already.

You will find detailed information about the procedure there but I can offer here some initial information.

There are various documents she will need to prepare for the application once you are married. You will have to remain in India, as you will only be able to travel to Spain as soon as the family reunion permit application has been approved.

I cannot quote a detailed list of documentation here, but you need to bear in mind these are the core documents:

• Marriage certificate, translated and legalized by the Spanish consulate. The certificate must indicate: date when the marriage was celebrated, and an affidavit or similar document that guarantees neither of you has filed for divorce. In the case of children, birth certificates, duly translated and legalized.

• Proof of financial means and work status of the Spanish resident.

• Sworn declaration that your wife have no other spouse in Spain, living with her.

• Police Report of the suitability of the dwelling and rental contract, or property title deeds if the family dwelling is property of the main applicant. This document takes some time to be issued, so your fiancé would have to make an enquiry at the Valladolid Town Hall to find out what is the usual procedure. Not all town Halls work in the same way.

However, I recommend to study each case in particular.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile