Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Larga Duracion UE or Larga Duracion Normal ?

Unregistered

Default Larga Duracion UE or Larga Duracion Normal ?

Hello Patricia

I recently applied for Larga Duracion UE after a 5 year continuous stay in Spain, after submission I have been informed of the strict conditions for application compared to the Larga Duracion Normal . One including proof of income . Although I did submit proof of income , it was for only 3 months and I am beginning to get skeptical as I have read people being denied even after submitting 6 months pay slips . My question is , even if I were to be denied Larga Duracion UE , would I automatically be considered for Larga Duracion Normal under the Spanish national law ? The reason I ask is because if I were not to receive the Larga Duracion UE, I would have no valid resident card as my previous temporary card has recently expired .

Thank you

Steve

Hello Steve,

I understand your concern.

Yes, if you are originally under regimen general, you can certainly apply for the ordinary Larga Duracion residence card besed on the fact you have legally resided in Spain for 5 years.

However, you will be in trouble, as there will be a lapse of time between the time the current card expired and the time the Larga Duracion UE card application has taken to be resolved, as during that period of time you are considered to be in an irregular situation.

I suggest you wait to know the outcome of your application, as it may be worth appealing the resolution if it is denied, depending on the legal grounds.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Thank you for your response . As advised I will wait it out.