Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Non Residence Lucrative Visa Approved. Next Steps?

ART_Espana

Question Non Residence Lucrative Visa Approved. Next Steps?

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, this forum has been really useful for me and I thank everyone for all their help. This is my first time posting a thread here.

My question is this:
    My wife (who is a non EU citizen) received her non lucrative visa to come live in Spain. We got her empadronamiento done.

I've spent the last 24 hours trying to figure out what she needs to do next. Questions like:
    1)What kind of residence card does she need to apply for?
    2)What forms does she need to fill out for this card?
    3)Where does she have to submit them?
    4)Does she need to get an appointment?

If I could get some help answering these questions, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    ART

Unregistered

Default Sorry. I meant non lucrative residence visa.

Sorry. I meant non lucrative residence visa.

Hello Art,

First of all, thanks for your compliments.

You mention your wife has received a Non Lucrative Residence Visa. I believe you mean that she filed an application at the Spanish consular office and that after various months she has been granted the residence visa to enter Spain. Please correct me if that is not the sequence of events, though it normally works like that.

Once she has got the residence visa stamped on her passport, she has to do the following:

1. Travel to Spain within the following 3 months

2. Approach the corresponding Police Station ( of the town where the property where she will live is located ) to file her residence card application. She sill need to take with her the following:

- Original passport and photocopy
    - 2 passport Size photos
    - Police Station tax payment receipt
    - Original Positive Resoluton letter

The Police officer will also take her fingerprints during the appointment.

3. She wil be given a receipt indicating the lot number and she will be told when she can go to collect the card; it normally takes one month.

I hope this answer has been helpful.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

ART_Espana

Question Forms?

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your prompt response.

That right. She filed the visa application and it took her about a month and a half to get the visa and resolution.

Do you know if she also needs to fill in any forms to take to the police station? I read somewhere that she might need to take form EX-17.

Also, does she need to get an appointment? If so, how can she get one?

Ankit
    -----------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello Art,

First of all, thanks for your compliments.

You mention your wife has received a Non Lucrative Residence Visa. I believe you mean that she filed an application at the Spanish consular office and that after various months she has been granted the residence visa to enter Spain. Please correct me if that is not the sequence of events, though it normally works like that.

Once she has got the residence visa stamped on her passport, she has to do the following:

1. Travel to Spain within the following 3 months

2. Approach the corresponding Police Station ( of the town where the property where she will live is located ) to file her residence card application. She sill need to take with her the following:

- Original passport and photocopy
    - 2 passport Size photos
    - Police Station tax payment receipt
    - Original Positive Resoluton letter

The Police officer will also take her fingerprints during the appointment.

3. She wil be given a receipt indicating the lot number and she will be told when she can go to collect the card; it normally takes one month.

I hope this answer has been helpful.

Regards,

I would be following this thread as I am in the process of getting my NL Visa to live in Spain for 2 years and then apply for citizenship. I wish you and your wife success in this venture.

Unregistered

Wink non lucrative visa from pak

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, this forum has been really useful for all and very warmly thanks to miss Patricia Martin which give the answer of peoples which need a help
    otherwise we are also non eu national apply for the non lucrative visa which have two month passed and we are giivng the all medical ,police bank statment and trnaslation staified and contract manything but no any response coming and please someone explain me the how and which method u get the notification of approval ? approval sent to our email box or contact by embassy phone call ? otherwise if you have expeince so tell me ow much time they take in process and wht thing they required which they approved the visa guide me me please we are apply with fmaily?

regards

umar

Hello Umar,

The average time a Non Lucrative Residence Permit Application takes to be resolved is about 4-8 months, depending on the province where the permit is being processed.

Also, each Spanish embassy works differently, so I would need to know the specific embassy and Spanish province, to be able to provide with a rough idea about the date you can expect some news.

The usual process regarding the notificatiion delivery is recieving a phone call from the Spanish embassy/consulate letting you know the permit has been approved or rejected and appointing you to collect the original notification from their office to finalize the formalities:

1. In case of approval, they give you an appointment to have the residence visa stamped on your passports to enter Spain and apply for the actual residence card at the corresponding Police Station within 3 months after entering Spain.
    2. In case of rejection, you are notified of the appeal options.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile