Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no work permit mentioned in my Spanish Régimen Comunitario card!

Default no work permit mentioned in my Spanish Régimen Comunitario card!

Hello,
    Yesterday I have collected Régimen Comunitario card and following are my big worries

1) Backside of the card it is only mentioned - Familiar ciudadano de la Union. However, there is nothing mentioned about work permit. I have checked in google, all other people who holds such card have got written ´ Atarizado a Trabajar...` but I dont have this written. Is this means I have to apply extra to get work permission?.

2) The card design looks extremely poor, there is hardly any EU or Spanish hologram to see if this is really a genuine card. My worry is, if I fly overseas out side EU should I get any problems in airports to show this card as my visa. I feel insure about it.

thanks in advance for your help.

Hello dkg,

The Residence card as a relative to an Eu citizen does not need to indicate it authorizes to work, as the regimen comunitario itself grants that right. You will have no problems to work holding that card.

The card does not show any hologram, but says Extranjeros España and there is a Capital E in red-yellow-red colours as watermark behind the card details.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello dkg,

The Residence card as a relative to an Eu citizen does not need to indicate it authorizes to work, as the regimen comunitario itself grants that right. You will have no problems to work holding that card.

The card does not show any hologram, but says Extranjeros España and there is a Capital E in red-yellow-red colours as watermark behind the card details.

Regards,
    many many thanks for your answer.

Why in some regimen comunitario cards its written card holder have permission to work but not in my card ? - is this because those cards were issued couple of years ago ( its an old system) and now they changed the system?.

Another question related to my regimen comunitario card - Me & My wife ( my wife is Spanish) planning to move Germany, its because of job reasons. We both speak fluent German and have better job options there.
    1) In case we move to Germany do I have to give up my Spanish regimen comunitario card?.
    2) If I leave to Germany with my wife for job purpose, what is the time limit to loose regimen comunitario card validity in Spain?.
    3) If I give up my card, in case I want to return back from Germany after 1-2 years with my family to Spain, do I have to reply for this card and what is the process time to get it again?. Because first time when I applied for this card it took almost 1 year to get it.
    4) Can I transfer my regimen comunitario card to Germany?. I mean to live and work with my family without another long process of applying for residential permission & work permission in Germany?.

I would greatly appreciate your responses.
    once again many thanks
    kind regards,
    DG

dear Patricia, could you please answer my query.

Hello dkg,

Yes, possibly those cards were issued long ago or the circumstance for getting them granted were exceptional; I cannot tell.

In response to your questions:

1) If you register as a resident in another country, Residency in Spain will be cancelled. You cannot be resident in two countries simultaneously.
    2) A residence card is cancelled after 12 consecutive months out of Spain.
    3) In case the Immigration authorities have not become aware of your absence of 1- years, and the card is still valid, you can try and apply for Long stay Residence card a Relative to an EU citizen. If they have become aware, you would have to start the process again, though I am surprised by the timeframe you suggest as the process does not normally take more than 3 months.
    4) That question can only be answered by the German Immigration Authorities.

I hope my answers have been useful.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Many many thanks :-)

What is the usual process time & eligibility requirements for Long stay Residence card a Relative to an EU citizen?. I am married to Spanish citizen and have a child together , we are currently living together in Spain - is this sufficient for my application?

Its almost year since we got married and have been living in Spain with my wife & my kid , they both have Spanish passports, so can I apply for Spanish citizenship which makes life easier to move Germany for work.

Do I need following documents to apply Spanish nationality, pls see:

1) Spouse must be Spanish - Yes, My wife is Spanish
    2) Must be living in Spanish for 1 year - Yes, about to complete 1 year
    3) Marriage civil registration letter - Yes, I have it from Spain.
    4) Spouse date of birth certificate - Yes
    5) my date of birth certificate - yes, I have it
    6) must not have crime record - None I have
    7) Current financial status - currently we are depending on my wife parents incomes ( we dont have jobs, thats why we want to move to Germany - as we both have job possibilities there)

It took almost 1 year for my previous residential card ( Regimen Comunitario) without any reason has been given, now I am going to apply for my Spanish nationality in the same foreign office where my previous residential card process took place and I am expecting they are going to make VERY LONG delay this time. Could you please tell me is usual average process time for Spanish nationality applications and what sort of objections they create to delay.

Once again THANK YOU VERY MUCH and hope you answer soon Patricia

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello dkg,

Yes, possibly those cards were issued long ago or the circumstance for getting them granted were exceptional; I cannot tell.

In response to your questions:

1) If you register as a resident in another country, Residency in Spain will be cancelled. You cannot be resident in two countries simultaneously.
    2) A residence card is cancelled after 12 consecutive months out of Spain.
    3) In case the Immigration authorities have not become aware of your absence of 1- years, and the card is still valid, you can try and apply for Long stay Residence card a Relative to an EU citizen. If they have become aware, you would have to start the process again, though I am surprised by the timeframe you suggest as the process does not normally take more than 3 months.
    4) That question can only be answered by the German Immigration Authorities.

I hope my answers have been useful.

Regards,

Hello Patricia,
    could you please answer my queries.. many thanks again

could any one pls answer?

can this be answered?..
    thanks in advance..

Hello dkg,

For some reason I only noticed you posted further questions.

You can only apply for the Spanish nationality after one year of legal residency in Spain, therefore, you will have to wait until March-April 2014 to be able to file the application at the corresponding Civil Registry ( not the Immigration Office - Oficina de Extranjeros ). Please be aware a nationality application takes on average about one year to be resolved, no matter the Civil Registry.

You can find more information about the requirements and process here.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile