Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Autonomo and taxes

Default Autonomo and taxes

Hi, what are the tax requirements concerning Autonomo businesses, how and when do i declare my earnings, can this be done on line and when is the deadline, i have had Autonomo only 3 months and its all new to me.

Thanks for your answers.

Hello Happidad,

It is difficult to advise you on your tax obligations without having any knowledge about the type of trading you willl be doing. If you could tell me - without getting into too much detail - a brief explanation of the activity and where it will take place, I will be able to offer some advice.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Hi Patricia, thanks for your reply, the company sells supplies to stationary shops, i have an Autonomo registered for IVA, so far we have not issued an invoice so have not traded since business started in feb as alot is sale or return, but i am unsure of my tax obligations required.
    Thanks for your reply

Hello Happydad,

My apologies for this delayed reply.

As any other business, you will need to report the tax office on a quarterly basis by filing the relevant returns including VAT, IRPF or informative returns to zero ( if there is not income/expenses). In addition to the general obligations that apply to all businesses, regardless of their legal form, you may be required to file a return form disclosing your accumulated profits for the current year. Meeting the deadlines set by the tax office is essential, as any late filing will lead to a fine and interest charges.

The quarterly dates are:

from To Filing date
    1st Quarter 01/01/2013 31/03/2013 20/04/2013
    2nd Quarter 01/04/2013 31/06/2013 20/07/2013
    3rd Quarter 01/07/2013 30/09/2013 20/10/2013
    4th Quarter 01/10/2013 31/12/2013 20/01/2014

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile