Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Schengen visa without Policia Nacional Letter?

Default Schengen visa without Policia Nacional Letter?

I am a UK citizen and my partner is Indian. I am currently self employed in the UK and he recently visited me here on a tourist visa. I have work lined up in Ibiza for the summer and so will be going there in May to register as self employed and get an NIE number. I would like to invite my partner to visit me there and we prepared all the papers for his Schengen tourist visa. However, as I am not in Spain I was not able to get a letter from the Policia Nacional inviting him. VFS said that the Embassy would refuse us on these grounds, however, due to our circumstances surely this is unfair. I have ample savings and all the relevant documents for the visa application.

Does anyone have any advice on this? How necessary is this letter from the police?

Also is it necessary to have my UK passport attested as a sponsor for my partner's Spanish tourist visa? If so, what is the process?

Thank you for your time and guidance.
    Last edited by Ibizachef; 03-01-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Hello Ibizachef,

I am afraid that if you do not have a registered/acknowledged family relationship with your partner, i.e, Common Law partenrship or marriage, the Invitation letter from the Police Station is absolutely compulsory ( unless he stays in a hotel based on an arranged trip that can be proved as supporting document ), regardless of your financial capacity. You can check the requirements here.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default How long does it take to get an Invitation letter issued by Policia Nacional

How long does it take to get an Invitation letter issued by Policia Nacional?