Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Tenant No contract

Default Tenant No contract

Hi
    I have a small family living in our flat. They have until recently been paying the rent but stopped after they gave us notice. We do not have a contract with them in written form (we lost it!). What are the implications if we wish them to leave our flat as they seem not to want to move out now.

Thanks for any advice.

Bill

Hello Bill,

Please let us know if you hold a copy or draft of the contract which was finally signed. Also let us know:

- If it was a short-term holiday rental or a long-term rental for regular use?
    - Which term was it signed for and when did the contract expire or will expire?
    - How many months rent does your tenant owe you?
    - How were the payments made during the validity of the rental? ( cash, bank transfer?)
    Last edited by Marta; 01-14-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Default Tenant No contract

Thanks for the reply Marta!
    Answers below.

Please let us know if you hold a copy or draft of the contract which was finally signed.
    I have a copy of the contract but, not the signed one.

also let us know:

If it was a short-term holiday rental or a long-term rental for regular use?
    It was a long term rental for regular use

- Which term was it signed for and when did the contract expire or will expire?
    I think it was for a year and the year is up at the end of February.

- How many months rent does your tenant owe you?
    At the moment one month.

- How were the payments made during the validity of the rental? ( cash, bank transfer?)
    Payments were made by bank transfer.

The Tenant told me they wanted to move out at the end of December but has not and I am worried that they will now have sitting rights.

Hope this helps, I would appreciate any help.

Many Thanks

Bill

Many thanks for these details.

Please also let us know if there are any e-mails between the tenant and you, previous to the signing of the contract, in which you talked about the conditions of the rental. Besides this, how did the tenant inform you that he was leaving? Was this verbally or in writing? If this was in writing please send us the e-mail. We would also need you to send us the draft or the copy of the contract which you have. You can find my e-mail address in my profile.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile