Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Commercial Property Tenant

Default Commercial Property Tenant

My renter runs imo a very successful business and has a 4 year contract from 2009 Dec until Dec 2013.

In Dec 2011 , he decides to only pay rent and no bills ie electricity, ibi, basura, water and community. The rent is only 600E .
    In June 2012 I sent him a burofax stating that from July 2012 I will advise my bank to stop paying these bills as they are his. He has recieved this burofax as the post office gave me the signed notification. This was advised to me by a lawyer. is my lawyer right?

Unelco has still not cut him off. Last month he also only paid 500E rent and no bills.

Today he sents me a text message saying he is not paying the rent from today onwards as The Ayutamiento took his signs off that he leaves on the beach wall.

I offer to do him a cancellation of contract on the 1st Dec 2012.

He says his contract is until Dec 2013. What can I do?

Hello Cruise,

To be in a position to advise you accurately we would need to see a copy of the contract and of the burofax sent to the tenant. Please either scan these documents through to my e-mail address (by clicking on my profile) or fax them through to my attention to our law firm’s fax number.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Thanks. Have sent them.