Hi
I looked through lost of interesting threads, but still have some questions.

I am a UK National, who lived and worked and paid taxes in the U.S. for many years up until earlier this year. I have recently moved to Spain and would like to become resident and have a legal presence here. I am a Sports coach and perform my business in various international locations, but more of my business will be done in Spain in the future, which is why I have relocated here. I still intend to travel for work and approx 40% of it will be done in other locations. Whilst in Spain I will purchase use of a facility that will then be passed on to my clients as well as a coaching fee. I know that I will be charged IVA on that.

I am fine with being paid in Spain, declaring income and paying social security and taxes.

I would like to avoid paying the IVA on my profits. My business will generate less than 77K pounds per annum and if I set up a UK company I would not have to register for VAT. I would have to pay IVA for services I buy in Spain but I was hoping that if I had a UK company I would not have to include VAT when billing my clients from my UK company and receiving those monies in the UK.

I spoke with a Gestoria here, and they threw a spanner in the works, by saying that if I did any of my business in Spain, I would also have to register my Company in Spain as well.

Can anyone let me know if this is the case? If I do business in lots of countries, would I then have to register in all of those countries too? If I end up having to register in Spain, then there is no point in setting up a UK company.

I don't mind contributing to the system, but if I do this completely the normal route I will end up paying nearly 47% of my income to the government in one form or another, which sees a bit steep to me. I do not want to do anything illegal, however, I am very happy to look into any legal loopholes that I can use.

Does anyone have any suggestions about ways to do this please?