Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Suspected false Barrister and Inhertitance Scam

Question Suspected false Barrister and Inhertitance Scam

Greetings fom Australia.

Some weeks ago I received a letter from a person claiming to be Barrister Micheal Rovir. His supposed firm is Belzuz Abogados of Paseo De La Castellana 110, Madrid 28046 Spain. Does any one know if this person and this firm ae actually real?

Rovir calims that I have a dead relative, an oil magnate, who left behind a huge sum of cash and that I am to be the beneficiary. He wants from me the sum of $4,900 as a half-payment for the "Change of Status" of the vault where this money allegedly is kept. I have not paid him anything and most likeley never will.

Is there a company called Catalunya Securities? They supposedly hold this cash.

Quite frankly I think it is all an elaborate scam, involving forged documents. I even asked or and got a scaed image of Rovir's passport. Again it might be forged. Who in Spain can I refer this matter to? Which Police department can I contact.

Any information would be appreciated.

Unregistered

Default its a scam!

I have received the same letter and so have 1000 of people. Take it to the police if you like but don´t bother answer the letter. They want money (some thousends euro) to open the vault. It´s an old scam.

Unregistered

Default Obviously it is a scam, DO NOT reply, bin the letter.

Obviously it is a scam, DO NOT reply, bin the letter.
    IF it's too good to be true, then it is a scam.

Unregistered

Thumbs down Inheritance Scam

Just received an inheritance scam letter from Belzuz Abogados different address in Spain. Wanting to split 11.5 million US 50/50 if I pretend to be related.
    As they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.