Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: My Regimen Comunitario is about to expire and I'm living outside Spain

Default My Regimen Comunitario is about to expire and I'm living outside Spain

Hi-

My Regimen Comunitario is about to expire and I'm living outside Spain. I am a US Citizen. I married a Spaniard and obtained my Regimen Comunitario. I have been living in the US for over a year now without visiting Spain. My Regimen Comunitario is about to expire. Can I go to the Spanish Consulate in Miami to renew it or am I required to live in Spain in order to renew my Regimen Comunitario?

Hello Eliem2,

You need to apply for the renewal of your residence card at the corresponding immigration office of Spain. The Spanish consulate does not process that type of renewals acording to the current regulations. You can check this information at the Hoja Informativa NÂș 105 of the Secretaria General de Inmigracion. You are now eligible to apply for Tarjeta de Residencia permanente de familiar de ciudadano comunitario as you have been a resident for 5 years, though the fact that you have been out of the country for more than a year may have a negative effect.

Please feel free to contact me by clicking on my profile if you wish to discuss your case in detail.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

naseem

Default Rigmen Comunitario renewal

hi patricia

i,m a pakistani citizen living and working in Tenerife. when i arrived in spain in 2011 i got a photo id card for regimen comunitario showing my details NIE and my father name with my finger print on the reverse side
    this card is valid until 2017, i am a dependent child of my father and my age is 35 years old now my father is living in England from last 3 years, i worked 2 years in spain now i dont have job what should i do now for renew my residency card.?

Naseem

Hello Naseem,

If you are not working at the time of the card renewal application, you will have to prove which are your sources of income to cover living expenses. You mention you are dependent, do you receive any type of disability benefit? If your father covers your costs as you are dependent on him for health reasons, a notarized affidavit signed by your father plus proof of regular transfers will have to be provided via bank statements and certifications.

I would be a good idea to check the documentation your first filed when you applied in 2011 as you were already of legal age and dependent on your father, so the financial documentation provided at the time would be very similar to the one required for the renewal.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default Do I need a visa to enter Spain?

Hi,

I'm a Pakistani and I got my Spanish 5 year residency card (regimen communitario) this year in April as I'm the spouse of a British national. I have been living outside of Spain since 6 months and I plan to return to Spain next year in summers. Will I be able to enter Spain with my current residence card or would I need a visa to enter Spain?

Hello

I recommend you to get a visa, as your card can be cancelled if you have been out of Spain for 12 consecutive months.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile