Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: information regarding visa

Default information regarding visa

I am a 16 year old girl from india. I play tennis at national level. I want to go to Barcelona for full time training (1 year) and have also received a 50% scholarship from the academy. Can you please tell me that what type of VISA will be applicable for me and how to carry out the procedure. I will be accompanied by my mom for the first 1 month after which i will reside on my own at the academy accommodation.

please help.

Hello RNG,

The scholarship you have been granted , together with the admission at the training centre ( that must be an officially recognized center by the Spanish Authorities ) will be required by the Spanish Embassy to issue the short stay visa for training/investigation purposes that will be limited to the duration of the training programme. As you are an underage, your mother will be able to go with you on a visit/short stay visa. You will also be required to submit documentation related to proof of dwelling ( I believe you will be lodged in a Students Residence provided by your Academy ) and proof of financial means. As you are no financial independent, your parents will have to show proof of income to cover our expenses in Spain. In any case, I recommend you to contact the closest Spanish consular office who will provide with a list of documents required for the student visa application.

You can also check the informative pages of the Ministry of Employment in Spain and read about the process and requirements, though I am afraid it is Spanish.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile