Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spanish Citizenship or Residance Permit for child born in Spain

Hello

The fact of giving birth in Spain does not grant a right to reside in Spain per se. Nevertheless, it helps qualify the child for the Spanish Nationality after one year holding a residence status.

If parents and child are in Nigeria, they need to start a work and residence application from Nigeria, via the Spanish consular office, should they meet the requirements of a Specific type of permit application.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default filipino child born in spain

Hi Patricia, just want to check if a filipino child was born in spain with a filipino mother and father on tourist visa, will the child get automatic spain residency after getting a birth certificate and family book? Will he be able to give residency to the parents on tourist visa? If the child did not stay in spain for one year, can the child still apply for citizenship!

regards,
    bella

Hello Bella,

No, residency is not granted on the grounds of Spanish birth, otherwise we would get tons of people to give birth to their children in Spain!.

The child will have to obtain a residence permit and then after one year being a resident ( proved by a residence card ), his parents can apply for the Spanish nationality of the child. I canĀ“t tell you how to get a residence permit for the baby if his parents are not residents. You can approach the social services Dept. of the town hall and check whether they can help.

The Philippine nationality is an advantage when it comes to the Nationality application, as it requires only two years of legal residency in order to be eligible for the Spanish Nationality application. For most cases, 10 years are required.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Default Baby to be born in UK - English mother and Spanish father

Hello Patricia,

It seems you are helping a lot of people with your work - I hope you can with us, and thank you in advance.

I will be having a baby in August, in the UK. The father is Spanish, but has unfortunately reacted very badly to the pregnancy, hence my reason for returning to the UK during pregnancy and to have the baby, with support from my family etc. I had not planned to leave Spain before this happened, but felt that for this period it was the best option.

I am currently a little concerned about the situation for us (baby and I) wanting to return to Spain some months down the line, if the UK exits the EU. I know that this is all very uncertain until it happens, but could you give me a rough idea of what would happen in the case that a baby was born (outside Spain) but to a Spanish father/foreign national mother (non-EU national if Brexit happens)? What would the residence/legal status/options for baby and mother then be?

Again, thanks so much for any advice you have.

Anna

Unregistered

Default Health Card renewal for undocumented immigrants

Hi Patricia,

My wife is pregnant now and her catsalut is about to expired. We are undocumented filipino here in Spain. Is it possible for her to renew her catsalut? The last time we've been to health center for renewal, they said she needed to submit her Nie and Seguro. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Jam

Hello Jam

I recommend you to ask the officers at Catsalut to provide with the list of requirements to renew the health card. As you are in an irregular situation you have no real Ss cover, as you are supposed to obtain a residence permit to get the right to it. Otherwise, you need to hire private medical care. Free health care is provided to pregnant women and children below 18 anyway, so you just need to check how to renew the card this time.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Tarek

Hi Patricia, I'm Tarek from cairo, I'm a heart surgeon and my children are moving to Valencia for permanent eduction and professional tennis tournaments. My wife is pregnant. What's our odds of getting citizenship or residency for me, my wife, our children and the baby?
    Thanks...

Unregistered

Default need information

hy
    this is ali from spain barcelona i 29years old my father is spanish national can iget residend perment card base of my father? nd also i got rejected 2007 due to over age of famly visa my mother nd 2sisiters is also in spain plz reply if u can

Hello Ali

As you are over 21 years old you cannot apply for a residence card as the relative of an EU citizen unless you were dependent on your father for health reasons. You can apply for a residence card under regimen general in the event you meet the requirements. Please click here to check the different options available.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default I need info

Dear sir/ madam

my age is 29 my name is khuram my father is spanish national i am in spain living with them ... Can i apply for any residency card behav of my father i know i am over age

reply please