Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spanish Citizenship or Residance Permit for child born in Spain

Hello Patricia,
    My mother is born in Spain, she has an official document from Registro Civil.
    What is the procedure for her to obtain her Spanish nationality?

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello,

The baby will have the same legal status as his/her parents, so if they are in an irregular situation the baby will also be in that situation. If the baby could access legal residency, he/she would be eligible for Spanish nationality after a year.

In case the baby was apatrida - stateless -, that is, the parents home country did not grant citizenship to children born out of the country, the baby could then apply for Spanish nationality by Simple presuncion, that is, by assuming the baby acquired Spanish nationality by being born in Spanish territory.

In any case, children are not obliged to have an ID until they are 14, so you have plenty of time to arrange your residency status.

Best Regards,
    Dear Patricia,

I and my wife are both Vietnameses and we've been staying legally in Barcelona since 2012. Last October we have a daughter. She was born in Spain, she's got the birth certificate and Family book both were issued by Spanish organization but we haven't done the NIE for her. Can I apply for the Spanish citizenship from this October or apply for her NIE first and then wait 1 year from the date her NIE is issued to apply for the Spanish citizenship?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Best regards,

Hello dinhvantuan1984 ,

You first need to get her a residence card to prove she has been a resident for one year prior to applying for the Spanish Nationality by Residency as born in Spain. I believe she has a Vietnamese Passport. If she was considered Stateless, she would already be eligible.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa View Post
    Hello Patricia,
    My mother is born in Spain, she has an official document from Registro Civil.
    What is the procedure for her to obtain her Spanish nationality?
    Hello Rosa,

Your mother will be requested to have been a legal resident in Spain for one year prior to filing her Nationality Application.

By clicking here, you will find all the information about the documentation required for the Nationality application.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Hi Patricia;
    I am pakistani student here in spain, can our child get citizenship here still or the law is changed, mother is pakistani as well.if so, do we need to wait for a year or we can apply straight?
    Thanks

Hello Kahrori

As the child has been born in Spain, he will be eligible for the Spanish nationality after being a legal resident in Spain for one year. What is your current status in Spain? As the child will get the same type of permit as you and if you are a student visa holder, you need to be aware it is considered Stay situation and not actual residency.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default South African Born in Spain

Hello,
    Please give me some advice. My son was born in 2000 in Spain and has a Libro de Familia. I was working on contract with Ericsson at the time. Both my wife and i are South African. We left spain about 6 months after my son was born. Would my son be in a position to apply for Spanish citizenship? We were told that he needs to do this before his 16th birthday at the time?

Jaina

Default Czech mother, Moroccan father

Dear Patricia,

I would like to ask for your kind advice. My boyfriend originally from Morocco is illegally living in Spain (expired visa). We want a baby and settle in Spain. Please kindly advice how can we proceed in this situation?

As I understood, the baby will have Czech citizenship and get the same legal status as his/her parents. For me as EU Citizen is not a problem, but what about my boyfriend? Will not be there any problem to fuse the family with respect to his illegal stay?

Thank you very much for your response.

Jana

Hello Jana

We have already been in contact with regards to the marriage in Spain process.

In case that your partner was still in an irregular situation when the baby is born, it won´t have any effect on the family situation, as you are an EU citizen and can easily access a residency status.

I recommend you to take a decision whether to register as Law partners or marry, so your partner can apply for his residency permit and settle in Spain with you.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

How would a child born in spain to a Nigerian parents who presently reside in Nigeria gain a citizenship for their children, and themselves?