Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Spanish Citizenship or Residance Permit for child born in Spain

Hello Khuram

As you are over 21 and not dependent in your father for health reasons, ( correct me if I am wrong ), you cannot apply for a residence card as the relative of an EU citizen. Family Settlement option is not viable either unless your father is originally Spanish. If he got his Spanish Nationality based on long term residency, the Family settlement residence permit is not possible in your case. You should then seek residency regardless the fact your father is now a Spanish National.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default mam tkx for reply

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello Khuram

As you are over 21 and not dependent in your father for health reasons, ( correct me if I am wrong ), you cannot apply for a residence card as the relative of an EU citizen. Family Settlement option is not viable either unless your father is originally Spanish. If he got his Spanish Nationality based on long term residency, the Family settlement residence permit is not possible in your case. You should then seek residency regardless the fact your father is now a Spanish National.

Regards,
    my father was apply my resident in 2007 and that time i was under 18 but infortunatly i got rejected in pakistan my paper is passed here in spain i hav finger later now m coming spain with my family on visit visa its mean i just apply just arraigo after 3years? other wisse i dnt hav any optition?

Maxi

Lightbulb Inquires

Quick questions (1) My friend,his girlfriend is also pregnant and her residents permit is 5years without European union. ( she is not Spanish, but Ghanaian and does not have spanish passport which means she is not Spanish citizen just a resident holder) can that help him get a resident permit too if they have the baby?

(2) My girlfriend has 5years Spanish residents which is European union, but she is just a resident permit holder (not yet a citizen of Spain. But we both Ghanaians ) And she is pregnant like I said in the first mail. Can that help me get a resident permit?

Hi Patricia,
    My name is vasu, right now I'm in poland on temporary residence status and my wife is in Spain on students visa. My question is if we plan a pregnancy here in Spain do we get a Spanish nationality along with our child.
    Your reply would be much appreciated.
    Kind regards,
    Vasu

Hello Vasu,

When a child is born in Spain to foreign parents, he/she is not entitled for the Spanish Nationality right away.

The baby will have the same status as his/her parents and the same duration; in this case a relative of student visa status, that does not involve residency and cannot lead to the Spanish nationality after one year of legal residence. If your wife is able to shift to a residence permit, and gets a resident´s status, you will be able to apply for the baby´s Spanish Nationality once he has completed one year of legal residency.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Hello,

We're an Iranian couple who arrived two months ago in Spain on Type-D visas. She is pregnant and due to deliver in February, and we're wondering if baby will receive Spanish citizenship.

We've received contradictory advice. Some says at least one parent has to be Spanish or baby won't receive Spanish citizenship if parents' country bestows automatic citizenship on the children of its citizens wherever they're born (Iran is one of those countries).

But other sources say persons born in Spanish territories can apply for citizenship after a year of residency inside Spain, even if their parents are not Spanish.

Would you please tell us your opinion? We've had so much contradictory feedback, we don't know who to believe anymore. And we find it amazing that such a seemingly simple question could possibly have so many different responses. In the US, there's only ONE AND ONLY ONE response. Anyone born in US is automatically an American, end of story. No ifs or buts. Does not depend at all on who parents or where they came from or their legal status.

As explained: parents are legal residents of Spain, holding Type-D residency. Arrived here two months ago.

Hello Alex

Any applicant born in Spain can apply for the Spanish nationality after having been legally residing in Spain for one year, regardless his/her parents´nationality. The process is called Spanish Nationality application By Residence.

The Official information cam be found here.

Regards
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Ajay

Default Eligible to work after my son gets his Spanish Passport

Hi there,

We both are Indian nationals, my wife she's got the temporary residence for two years, the right to live and work in Spain.

In my case I've just got the temporary residence for a year to live but can't work as I'm dependant on my wife.

My son who's 3+ yrs old have got his two year residence and just last month we've applied for his Spanish Passport that will take a couple of years I believe to get it in our hands.

My question to you is the day when my son gets his Spanish Passport, from that moment am i eligible to work legally in Spain.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hello Ajay

Once your son is a Spanish National you can apply for the residence permit by Family Settlement ( Arraigo Familiar ) and that type of permit will allow your work.

Regards
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

RobParikh

Default Unmarried American Father having Child with Colombian Mother

Hello.. thanks for the useful information.

I am an American who is having a baby with Colombian woman. We are planning to be in Spain at the time of birth.

1. Will the child be eligible for Spanish citizenship based on the mother being Colombian?
    2. Since I am American and would need to register the birth, would the child obtain Colombian citizenship based on #1
    3. We will both be on tourist visa admission into Schenghen

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Rob