Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Difference between Residence Card UE and Residence card CE

  1. #1

    Post Difference between Residence Card UE and Residence card CE


    Its quite confusing while to fill the application form

    What is the difference between Tarjeta de Residencia UE and Tarjeta de Residencia CE ?

    As i know that,we can apply for Tarjeta de Residencia UE after 05 years of legal residence so , (after getting the card ) after next 05 years can we apply for spanish nationality (in total completion of 10 years) ?

    Thank you

  2. #2



    Spanish nationality can be applied for after 10 years of legal residency. Therefore, after 5 years of holding long stay residency, you are entitled to apply.

    I believe that you are confused, there is only one Tarjeta de residencia CE ( not UE ), that is the Tarjeta de residencia de larga duracion CE, that allows to live and work in any EU country as any other EU citizen.

    Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

+ Reply to Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts