Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spanish Passport (nationality)

You will be able to apply for Spanish citizenship after one year of marriage and one year of legal residence in Spain. Yes, you will need to give up your Lebanese citizenship.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Default Dual citizenship

Is it illegal in Spain to hold dual citizenship if I renounce my citizenship to Canada, but gain it back? In Canada, if I don't gain citizenship of another country after 6 months of filing to renounce citizenship, then the Canadian citizenship is still considered valid. I hear it takes up to two years to obtain a passport, in which case my Canadian citizenship would still be in effect.

Hello Anarchos,

The Dual Spanish citizenship is only allowed for nationals of Latin American countries, Portugal, Andorra, Equatorian Guinea and Philippines. Therefore, once you become a Spanish citizen, you will only be considered of Spanish Nationality, and the Canadian one won´t be recognized in Spain, regardless the fact that you can still use your Canadian Passport in Canada.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Hi Marta,

My grandfather is a spanish who came to the Philippines . I can see his name in archives of Philippines-Spanish in website.
    How will I apply for a spanish passport? I have pictures and my grand father’s family tree and Seal.

Thank you.

Unregistered

Default Spanish passport

Hi. Im from Brazil and got married in London-Uk with a Spanish citizen. We been living in uk since then (3years now)
    How and when can I apply for a Spanish passport? And what if we have plans to keep living in Uk? Can I still apply for it?

Thank you