Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Uk Employment Contract while living in Spain.

Default Uk Employment Contract while living in Spain.

HI.
    Ive just come across your website and cannot see a section in the forum where i should post my enquiry, so i hope this is ok.

Briefly, i have been "employed" by the same company since June 2003, on a self employed basis. The company are now looking to place me on a normal emplyment UK contract as from March 2012, and i am wanting to ensure that this is carried out correctly.
    I understand that the Income Tax can be paid here in spain as i am resident here for over 183 days a year, and this dosnt cause too much difficulty and in fact i have no choice.
    National insurance appears to be different. If the company pay this in the UK, this will have no benefit to me at all here in Spain?
    If they choose to pay it in spain, basically i will liable for this, and so will basically be self emploeyed again, although this cant happen as i wll have a full time contact in the UK.

I would like to know what my legal rights are as far as refusing the employment contract and stayin self employed are. Can the company "force" me to take the employment contract?
    Im also concerned that they may but in the new contract an exclusivity agreement preventing me from seeking employment elsehwere, and id like to know my rights concerning this.

I hope this gives you some background to my case, and i look forward to hearing from you shortly.
    Many Thanks
    Rob.

Default .

Hi,
    Well quite a number of views but no comments as of yet.
    Does anyone have any experience of working for a UK company while living in Spain, Im sure there is someone out there in a similar situation to me.

Thanks.