Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Deposit

Default Deposit

Does anyone know if legally I can claim my deposit back paid to a Spanish developer. I didn't sign a contract, & it was me who pulled out due to family/health reasons not the developer in 2005. Or can I continue with the property by gettin a Spanish mortage even thouh I'm bankrupt in this country?

Hello Dejayney,

If you did not sign a contract at the time it is extremely difficult that you will be able to recover the money paid. Also the fact that you pulled out due to personal reasons does not work in your favour. Regarding continuing with the purchase, you will need to ask them whether that property is still available. It is probably completed and sold by now. However you could enquire as to the possibility of acquiring another apartment..

If you are bankrupt in the UK, you will also find it extremely difficult to obtain a mortgage in Spain. Most banks are now requesting credit searches, as well as the standard proof of income documentation. However you will only obtain straight answers regarding the above matters if you look into them with the corresponding parties. Should you need further help please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Quite informative post......Thanks
    Kerin Peterson