Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: After divorce which residency i will get?

  1. #1

    Angry After divorce which residency i will get?

    Hello Miss Patricia

    This is writing to get some information please

    I got residency Familiar de la union in 2007. Now i applied for divorce , my case is in process I think in 2012 (after05years) i will get divorce. My question is after divorce which residency i will get:-
    1. Permanente & comunatario (Duration 10years or 05 years)?
    2. Normal Larga duracion (duration 05 years)?
    1. In case If i get Permanente COMUNATARIO can i do work in other european countries also? Yes or No.
    If yes Ok, If No can i change its status Larga duracion C.E. which one is valid for work in other european countries.
    2. In case If I get larga duracion what are the requirements to change it into Larga duracion E.C.

    Thanks & Awaiting


  2. #2


    Hello Shamsher,

    It depends on when you are officially divorced.

    You are obliged to notify the immigration office that you are divorced 3 months before or 3 months after you obtain the divorce.

    Once divorced, if you have been living in Spain for 5 years, you will get residencia de larga duracion, which allows you to live and work in Spain for 5 more years, and you will have to renew it after 5 years again, like any other individual that has been legally living in Spain for 5 years. If you were not divorced at the time, you could apply for residencia permanente as a relative to an EU citizen tough this would not be real as you may be already divorced by then or in the process.

    Once you have renewed your residence permit obtaining the larga duracion one, you can change your status to residencia permanente EU if you provide with a work contract. This indicates your sources of income and is a requirement for the EU permanent residence permit, that will certainly allow you to work in other EU countries.

    Please feel free to contact me on Patricia at if you wish to discuss your case in more detail.

    Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

+ Reply to Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts