Hi,
I'm an Irish citizen, and have been working and living in Spain for the last 18 months. I pay Social Security and my NIE and all relevant documents. My wife, originally from Kazakhstan, is now also an Irish citizen and she is also working and living here, payign social security.
We applied for my mother-in-law, a Kazakh national (non-EU) to come and live with us here in Spain and our application was successful. She has been granted residency until 16/102016. She is coming to Spain on March 17th and we will go first thing on Moday morning (March 20th) to the police for her to do the 'fingerprint' and final documents. Apparently then it takes up to 45 days to receive her residence card.
The thing is my mother-in-law requires dialysis. She visited us towards the end of last year and received emergency dialysis in public hospital here. We obviously need her to keep receiving her dialysis but the hospital are looking for her social security number.
What is the best way for us to do this? As she won't be working, I presume we need to add her as a beneficiary to my or my wifes Social Security? Can we do this befoere she receives her residence card or will the letter showing approval of residency and the receipt of 'fingerprint' etc which we receive next Monday do?
Are we entitled to add her to our Social Security?
I appreciate you taking the time to read this and would be very appreciative if you could give me some clarification on what we need to do.
Thanks and Regards,
Michael.