Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: having permanent comunatario residency can i work in whole europa

Hybrid View

Unregistered

Exclamation having permanent comunatario residency can i work in whole europa

Helo

I have permanent comunatario residency(validity 10years). I want to shift in another e.u.country. can i do work there on this residency or i have to change it in residency (larga duracion E.C.).
    At this time we are divorced also now.

Awaiting guidance pls.
    shamsher

Hello,

The fact of holding permanent residency in Spain allows you to live and work in Spanish territory on a permanent basis and as you may be aware, you can even apply for Spanish citizenship after 10 years of legal residency. However, if you intend to move to a different EU country, you will need to consult their particular immigration regulations to find out how the Spanish PR permit will affect and benefit a residence permit application in their country. In the event you are finally granted a Spanish passport, you will be regarded as an EU citizen and able to live and work in any EU country.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello,

The fact of holding permanent residency in Spain allows you to live and work in Spanish territory on a permanent basis and as you may be aware, you can even apply for Spanish citizenship after 10 years of legal residency. However, if you intend to move to a different EU country, you will need to consult their particular immigration regulations to find out how the Spanish PR permit will affect and benefit a residence permit application in their country. In the event you are finally granted a Spanish passport, you will be regarded as an EU citizen and able to live and work in any EU country.

Regards,
    Hello
    Thanks Patricia
    My question is
    1.Permanet and comunatario, is it same like Laraga duracion E.C.(Europa comunity)?
    (Now we are divorced)
    2.If no then is it possible to change into larga duracion E.C.?
    3.what are the requirements to change Permanent & comunatario to Larga duracion Ec.?

Hello,

Residencia de Larga duración is granted to those non EU citizens that have been living in Spain legally during 5 years. Once applied for and granted, it is renewed every 5 years.

The EU permanent residency - Residencia Permanente comunitaria, is granted to those relatives to EU citizens, and is renewed every 10 years. As you are already divorced and therefore no longer subject to the EU regime, you would get the ordinary Larga Duracion Residency.
    However, due to the modifications indicated in the Royal Decree 1710/2011, of 18th November, in relation to Royal Decree 240/2007 that regulates EU citizens regime, you will not lose your status as comunitario if you can prove the marriage lasted at least 3 years and that at least 1 of those years you resided in Spain. You will also be required to prove sources of income in Spain to be able to apply for that type of permanent residency.

Please feel free to e-mail me on Patricia at Lawbird.com if you wish that we study your case in detail.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

[QUOTE=Patricia;13982]Hello,

Residencia de Larga duración is granted to those non EU citizens that have been living in Spain legally during 5 years. Once applied for and granted, it is renewed every 5 years.

The EU permanent residency - Residencia Permanente comunitaria, is granted to those relatives to EU citizens, and is renewed every 10 years. As you are already divorced and therefore no longer subject to the EU regime, you would get the ordinary Larga Duracion Residency.
    However, due to the modifications indicated in the Royal Decree 1710/2011, of 18th November, in relation to Royal Decree 240/2007 that regulates EU citizens regime, you will not lose your status as comunitario if you can prove the marriage lasted at least 3 years and that at least 1 of those years you resided in Spain. You will also be required to prove sources of income in Spain to be able to apply for that type of permanent residency.

Thanks patricia

A lot of thanks Patricia, I got deivorce after 06 year, I m working in spain last 04 years regularly.i have fijo job contract.
    My question is:-
    1.with Residency Permanente comuntario can i do work in whole europa now.
    Permanente comunatario mean Permanent resident of europa? yes or no?
    2.If no then how can i change my status Larga duracion E.C. because i want to leave spain.
    Thanks

Hello,

In that case you will have no problems to apply for the residencia de larga duracion ( or permanent ) comunitaria.

In response to your main query: Yes, with that type of permit you can work in any EU country as any EU citizen can do.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default Residencia Permanente Comunitaria - "renewed every 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello,

Please feel free to e-mail me on Patricia at Lawbird.com if you wish that we study your case in detail.

Best Regards,
    Hi Patricia - Just to clarify, please. On your second paragraph, you mentioned "The EU permanent residency - Residencia Permanente comunitaria, is granted to those relatives to EU citizens, and is renewed every 10 years".

I am non-EU married to an EU national and living in Spain for 5 years when I renewed my residencia. But it is valid until 2016 - just 5 years. I thought this should be 10 years as you mentioned? I applied in the Canary Islands.

Looking forward to your thoughts. Thank you.

Hello,

Yes, this needs to be corrected. In accordance with the modifications made in April last year after the Royal Decree 557/2011 came into force, this was changed and the permanent residence card has to be renewed every 5 years, no matter if it is under Regimen General or Comunitario.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile