Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Changing Jobs from Contract to autonomo with Initial Temporary Resident

Default Changing Jobs from Contract to autonomo with Initial Temporary Resident

Please what effect does it have if one changes his job from contract of one year to an automono job with a one year initial temporary resident permit? Will it have any effect during renewal of the resident when it expires? Thanks

Dear flex4t,

If you have an initial salaried work and residence permit, and you wish to change it to a self employed permit type, you are required to file an application at the Immigration office of the province where you wish to settle, to modify the type of permit via the corresponding official application form and specific documentation, that will include proof of sufficient funds to invest in the said business, among other specific and required documentation. This application must be filed once the renewal of the initial permit has been granted.

If you wish, please feel free to email me on Patricia at Lawbird.com and I will be able to study your case and let you know if you can apply for the modification at this stage.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Thanks in regard to your explanation. I wish to clarify the issue in totality. My initial temporary resident has a a one year contract which is still valid and i was offer another job but it is an autonomo kind of work which is offered in my locality; that means i will be working under a company but with a type classified as automono. I will not be directly working as autonomo but indirectly with a company. Moreso can i have both jobs, one as autonomo and the other as contract. Thanks.

Dear flex4t,

Your salaried work and residence permit allows you to work as a salaried worker for an employer, so if you are offered a job as a self-employed worker, you are not allowed to take it as you do not have the correct work permit to do it.

I recommend you to take the job as a salaried worker via the appropriate job contract, and if you have plans to settle as an autonomo, you could start preparing a modification application to self-employed work and residence permit.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile