Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: can i get marry with a polish national girlfriend being illegal resident in spain?

Post can i get marry with a polish national girlfriend being illegal resident in spain?

hello there, its abid, I am Pakistani national. i came here in spain 4 months ago on a 1 month valid tourist schengen countries visa. i didn't go back and now i am overstayed here. i want to get marry with a polish national girlfriend who i met in london. she is in poland now and want to come here for marry me as soon as we can.. my question is:
    1. can i get marry with a polish girl as i have no rights to live here in spain?
    if its possible
    2.what is the procedure from begning to end..??

i will really appreciate your reply.... hope to hear from you soon... thanks in advance...

Hello Abid,

In principle, you can get married in Spain even if in an irregular situation, however, some Civil Registries may have issues with that fact, so the best thing is to make an enquiry at the corresponding Registry to check what the requirements are before taking the decision where to get married. I recommend you to go to the Polish embassy in Spain and marry there if it is possible according to their Law.
    Then, you can apply for residency in Spain due to your family relationship with an EU citizen. As per the process, once the marriage has been formalized and you get the actual marriage certificate, you will have to register your marriage at the corresponding consular offices of your countries of origin in Spain. Those regostration certificates are core documents for your residence card application. Your girlfriend, as a polish citizen, will only need to apply for the residence rgostry certification to legalize her status; However, you will have to file the residence card application at the immigration office closest to your town of residence in Spain.

Please feel free to use our website´s contact form if you wish us to study your particular case.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Post thnaks for you reply but..

hello partrica..
    i really appreciate your reply. but i heard that in my case Eu national girl just need to take residency certificate for getting marriage and its take not more than 1 or 2 weeks..
    is it true ??

Hello Abid,

It will be easy for her to register as a resident. As you say, the residence certificate is issued quite quick. However, if she wants to get married in Spain, the Civil Registry will request some other specific documents, such as birth certificate and marital status certificate from Poland.

Her residence registration certificate will also be required once you are married, as you will have to provide with a copy of it together with the rest of the documentation so you can apply for residency as a relative to an EU citizen.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Hi Patricia,
    I saw all your post and i saw your profile as well, i want to take some legal advice, your before advice and post is very helpfull for all the peopole who are in such kind of circumstance, Please, give me ur email id, i didn't find ur mail id in Lawbird site too , i want to take civil marriage legal advice and process. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Dabid; 12-16-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Hello Dabid,

You will find my email by clicking on my profile, below my signature.

In the meantime, I suggest you read my Blog post: Getting Married in Spain: General Overview and Legal Issues For Foreigners In Irregular Situation

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

vinot

Question want to move

I am from India I got married with polish girl from cyprus we have cyprus residents card that one valid 2018 I come to poland with my wife month of March 2014 after I apply polish residents card but I didn't take now with I want to go with my to Ireland so we can go there or not I we living in poland 7 months

Hello Vinot,

I understand from your message that your intention is to move to Ireland.

I recommend you to check with an Irish solicitor that has expertise in Immigration Law. I can only assist in case you wanted to move to Spain.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile