Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Looking for a Registered Lawyer in Spain

Unregistered

Default Looking for a Registered Lawyer in Spain

Hi I am from the USA, I need help in finding if there is a lawyer which is registered in the Spanish Bar Association. I need to verify he is legitimate. I am renting property for a short stay from one of his tenants and they require me to wire the lawyer money before my arrival along with a signed lease agreement. I am afraid it maybe a scam so I want to make sure this lawyer is real. This is his contact information below. If anyone can guide me in what steps I should do before i complete this transfer I welcome your advice!

Thanks so much.

MR JAMES NEIL KRENZER
    CALLE DE LA CRUZ 19,
    28012 MADRID
    SPAIN

Dear Sir/Madam,

There's no registered lawyer in Spain under those details you post. Maybe he's not registered at all.

Please read our articles on:

Careful with Scammers Posing as Spanish Lawyers - March 18th 2009

Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms -Friday 13th March 2009

Unregistered

Hello. Please contact me as soon as You can to gapx00@yahoo.com.br because I'm going through the same situation and I even have photos from the apartment and also sent copy of My documents.
    I think this is too serious and strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi I am from the USA, I need help in finding if there is a lawyer which is registered in the Spanish Bar Association. I need to verify he is legitimate. I am renting property for a short stay from one of his tenants and they require me to wire the lawyer money before my arrival along with a signed lease agreement. I am afraid it maybe a scam so I want to make sure this lawyer is real. This is his contact information below. If anyone can guide me in what steps I should do before i complete this transfer I welcome your advice!

Thanks so much.

MR JAMES NEIL KRENZER
    CALLE DE LA CRUZ 19,
    28012 MADRID
    SPAIN

Dear Sir,

Today we start Easter holiday, so until next week we will not contact you.

Yours faithfully,

Unregistered

Default Lawyer

Hi all,

I am a spanish lawyer registered in the Barcelona Bar Association. You can check if someone is a qualified lawyer checking in the website of each bar association of Spain. My recommendation is to ask the lawyer in question to which bar association he belongs in Spain and then enter the website and check if he is registered. For example, in my case i am registered in the Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Barcelona. So you then check the website, look for surname and all information will appear.
    We call bar associations Ilustre Colegio de Abogados and then you type Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla, etc..depending on which one he does belong.
    Good luck!