hi....have read topic that says under 18 not criminally responsible in Spain, and that was why a girl wasnt charged.

Why then was my 16yr old son given a court date to appear before a magistrates court. He didnt do what he was accused of, but date and time was same as coach to return home. I would have been stranded alone with a minor in spain , with no accomodation , and no return traveL.

I got a spanish person to ring the number given if we couldnt show up. To explain situation and to get a date before we left, and despite her having to ring other numbers she was given , we got nowhere. We were told no one knew anything.

We tried several times on different days . The last person she spoke to was a policeman , who jokingly told her to tell us to go home, and next time my son came to Spain he wouldnt be allowed in. I had no choice but to bring my son home to GB. I now need to sort it out.

My son is not a vandal or a yob, and a week later the exact same crime was commited . The police had shoe prints that time ,and came and checked all of our boys shoes, they stated afterwards that it was none of our boys. My son has a clean record in GB, and never been in trouble else where. The problems began because he and 2 of our other boys were targeted by a gang of what they believed to be Spanish youths, and they were running away.

I dont think it is fair that my son would not be allowed back into Spain, or now has a blemish on his character.

We were given a lawer and interpreter, but I didnt have contact details for them. I was so shocked and upset I didnt even know if they had given me a card ect , or if they had , what I had done with it.

I have taken my family to spain for 15yrs and never had a problem, my son was taken to spain for his 16th birthday along with some friends, as he had been in Spain for most of his other birthdays. Now I feel he is labeled as a criminal and not welcome.

I dont know how to sort it out. I dont know if he will be able to go to Gran Caneria either