Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About Spanish dependent visa

Hi Moudgal,

You will be able to request a family regrouping permit once you have resided legally in Spain for a year and you have requested your second work and/ or residence card. There are other requirements such as for example, having sufficient means to support yourself and wife, which you will need to comply with. The application will be made by yourself in Spain.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default Moving to spain

Hi Marta,

myself (UK EU citizen) and my American (non EU status) husband to be wish to move to Spain in a couple of years. We intend to buy some land in the north and basically live off the land as much as possible. We shall of course be paying health insurance. I intend to seek employment once we are there and settled. We want to reside there permanently - what sort of visa would we need and what documentation would myself and my husband need to provide? Would it be a working permit even though we wouldn't actually have a job arranged? Or would it be a resident visa?
    My husband to be also has a criminal record in the US for a couple minor offences more than 5 years ago. Would he need to provide a criminal record report even though we are married and under EU law my non EU spouse is allowed the same rights and treatment as me? (so I have read) Would he be allowed to reside in Spain with a criminal record?
    We intend to get married in the UK under then fiance visa before going to Spain. It all seems so confusing and we don't want to do the wrong thing that will set us back! I understand also that we would need to provide a translated version of the marriage certificate at some point - is this when applying for visas to go to Spain or once we get there?

Many thanks

Unregistered

Default Regarding Dependent Visa

Hi,

My Husband is going for an assignment from Indian Company to Spain for two years. Is it possible for me and my daughter to accompany him with dependent visa. If so, what are the documents to be submitted.

Sunitha

Hello,

You can certaily get a temporary visa or permit to stay with your husband while he is Spain. I would need to know what type of permit he will be granted to confirm the type of visa you would be able to apply for. Depending on the circumstances and conditions of his assignment he will have to get a specific type of residence permit that will condition the visa you can be granted.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for your response.

I think Transnational visa (probably type B) is what the company is planning to apply. It will be valid for one year.

Sunitha

Hello Sunitha,

In that case, you would only be able to visit your husband with short stay visas ( they have a maximum duration of 90 days ). Your husband would only be able to apply for the family reunion after a year of holding residency and providing he had applied for an extension of his permit.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Hi Patricia,

In the following link I read that the family can relocate together.
    http://www.emigraogletree.com/page.p...77#anchor_1132

My Husband's company does come under the criterion that has been specified.

Am I understanding the document wrong.

Is there any other way to relocate together?

Sunitha

Hello Sunitha,

If you husband applies for that type of permit, I am afraid that you will have to wait for your husband to have applied for the permit renewal before you could file the family reunion permit. In very exceptional cases ,such as medical and humanitarian reasons, would this requirement be obviated.

You would be able to relocate together at the same time if you were applying for a Non Lucrative residence permit, that only allowed you to live but not to work in Spain, as your income would be generated abroad.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for the response.

I am not planning to working Spain so Non Lucrative residence permit will do for me.

Could you please let me know what are the requirements for applying Non Lucrative residence permit.

Sunitha

Hello Sunitha,

The basic requirement for the Non Lucrative residence permit is that you have plenty of financial means to support yourself in Spain without the need to carry out any work activity or use the unemployment office in Spain. They basically want to make sure you will not cost any money to the Spanish government or generate income here; that is the why this permit is called Non Lucrative. Other important requirements are having an adequate middle to high standard dwelling in Spain, rented, or owned (preferably the latter) and a Private Health Insurance. Then, there are other basic documents to be submitted ( birth certificates, medical and clean criminal records, etc ). All official documents must be duly translated into Spanish and legalized by the corresponding authorities.

I recommend you to hire the services of an expert lawyer in Immigration Law to check your documentation and prepare the application package, as each case must be studied in particular and there is not a fixed list of requirements; for instance, those who are applying together with their children will have to add further documentation and proof of income.

Please feel free to contact me on the details you will find after clicking on my profile if you would like to discuss your case in detail.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile