I received a blank envelope in the mail that was postmarked in Portugal and had no return address on the outside. Inside was a paper with the name Antonio Ignacio Romero. The "law firm" name is A. I. Romero & Asociado, at Claudio Coello, 14,3" F 28001 Madrid, Spain.
The top of the letter is in all caps and reads:

PRINCIPAL PARTNERS:
ABOGADO DAVID MENDOZA VALENZUELA Telephone: (34) 911 011 046
ABOGADO JUAN ZAMORA Mobile: (34) 634 079 850
ABOGADO ROSE I. HERNANDEZ Fax: (34) 911 011 047
Email: antonio@amgabogado.com

NOTICE OF BEQUEST
On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Engr. David Granero, I Antonio Ignacio Romero once again try to notify you as my earlier letter returned undelivered. I hereby attempt to reach you again by this same address on the WILL.

I wish to notify you that Late Engr. David Granero made you a beneficiary to his WILL. He left the sum of Twnety two million five hundred thousand United States Dollars ($22,500,000.ooUSD) to you in the codicil and last testament to his WILL.

This may sound strange and unbelievable to you as non of the family members seem to know you, but it is real and true. Being a widely traveled man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or simply you were recommended to his by on eof his numberous friends abroad who wished you good.

Engr. David Granero until his death was a member of this European Federation of Engineering Consultance Associations. He had a very good heart and was a philathropist. His great philanthropy earned him numerous awards during his life time.

Late Engr. David Granero died on the 13th day of November 2010, at the age of 80 years, and his WILL is now ready for execution. According to him this money is to support humanitarian activities and to help the poor and the needy in our society.

Please if I reach you this time as I am hopeful, endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me conclude my job.

I hope to hear from you in no distant time through the email address, fax or phone number above.

Aside from the poor grammar, the letterhead was copied and had a cheap looking picture of scales and was not on bonded paper. I gave them my phone number and received a call the next day requesting I check my email. The person on the phone did NOT sound spanish, it was a gruff voice with a muddy accent( my guess is a Nigerian trying to do a spanish accent).

After a couple weeks of email and a couple more calls from what sounded like different people claiming to be Antonio telling me to check my email for more info they finally got to the scam. The lawyer gives you the name and number of a banker who will handle the release of funds. After talking to him I found that he sounded just like the other guys who called, gruff voice with a mixed up accent. They try to make you think they have a lot of money in a spanish bank for you and in my case they asked me to fill out an account form to open an account at that spanish bank. Of course the bank never heard of this person who claimed to be Sergio Alvarez. Of course they would open the account which needs to have 3,480 euros for a small account and up to 5,000+ euro for the deluxe account. The bank they used was Banco Caixa Penedes (which does exist) and he even had an email address that looked official; Sergio@caixapenedes-es.com (of course the actual bank email is just one letter off with and address of name@caixapenedes-esp.com). If you look up the webhost for these clowns they are hosted in LosAngeles and so was the caixapenedes-es.com site.

PLEASE DONT SEND THEM YOUR INFO. DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR MONEY, IT'S A SCAM, A FRAUD. THESE ARE CRIMINALS TRYING TO STEAL FROM YOU!!

And there it is. They have an account there at the bank that they expect you to fund and they take the money and run.