Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Visa for an internship at Spanish company in Madrid

Default Visa for an internship at Spanish company in Madrid

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Shin from Japan.
    I am planning to go to Spain to do an internship at Spanish design firm in Madrid.
    The internship is unpaid and will last at least 6 months.
    I have already got an offer for the internship from that design firm.
    I am Japanese and I understand I need to obtain a visa for staying in Spain more than 90 days.
    I asked Spanish consul in Japan, and they replied me that it is not able to obtain a visa for an internship.
    One of the possible way is to obtain a student visa by studying at Spanish language school,
    but it costs about 9,000€ for 6 months and is too expensive just for getting a permit to stay in Spain.

I found a Japanese person who was doing an internship last year in Spain for one year.
    He told me that he obtained a student visa (tarjeta de estudiante) as an intern at a company.
    For obtaining a student visa as an intern, the company submitted a document which they would employ him as an intern.

1. Is it possible to obtain a student visa as an intern at a company in my case?
    2. If it is possible to obtain a student visa as an intern at company, what I should do to get it?
    3. Is it possible to obtain a working visa in my case?
    4. If it is possible to obtain a working visa, what I should do to get it?

I would appreciate any suggestion.

Kind regards,
    Shin Sawada

Unregistered

Wink

hi.,

did you manage to get student visa for for your internship as i am also looking for the same.

Aarti

Unregistered

I am planning a short term internship in Barcelona sometime in June 2012.

Aarti presuming you are from India too, can you share info on the visa formalities for Indians please?

my email ID : sudheendra.karri@gmail.com

Unregistered

Default Same question.

Assuming all of you have managed to find out some info about the visa process, can someone please share it with me?
    I have an internship offer in Spain for 6 months starting July 2012. I have been trying to know what are the procedures to apply for a visa. Please help. Thank you.
    My mail id: n_patadiya@yahoo.co.in

Unregistered

Hoping that everyone has got a way to get the visa can anyone please kindly mail me the procedure to obtain a visa for spain for an internship..... My email id is salman.nadeem.ansari@gmail.com

Unregistered

i think none of u got any help from here