Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm illegal here in spain, what do i do now to get my permiso de residencia

Hi Nadeen,

The empadronamiento is one of the ways you can prove your stay in Spain but not the only one. If you have a tarjeta sanitaria, a bank account, a telephone line or anything in your name, you will be able to use this in your aid.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Thanks marta I got your answer,

Surprisingly I just have tarjeta sanitari but I never visited to Doctor from three years. I have used the mobile sim of my friend because when I came to Spain I have to contact my family so I remain that number from 3 years.

I am not a active person so I have nothing as a proof.

Please guide me, I lost many time and I am illiterate so i just rely on Pandronamiento.

Nadeem

Hi Nadeem,

If you just have your tarjeta Sanitaria then you will need to use this as proof. Remember that in order to request arraigo you will also need to have a job offer.
    Marta Flores
    Check My Profile

Hello there,

I am also trying to apply for Arraigo Social. I'm lucky in one sense that for 2 out of the 3 years I have been fully legal, working and studying with a bank account, doctors receipts, tax return documents, contracts, ect. For my first year, however, I only have about 5 pieces of evidence: a doctors note, 2 certificates from a course, payment slip for another course and an exit/reentry stamp on my passport. For the entire 3 years I only have empadronamiento for 1.5 years. My lawyer recently told me that I need empadronamiento for all 3 years otherwise there is just no way I can apply. They told me that without it I simply don't stand a chance. I know that previously it's been stated that this is not the case, but I want to make sure that as of today's date: July 7, 2011, it is still not necessary to have empadronamiento for all 3 years.

Thank you very much, and if it's possible to contract your services in Madrid, please let me know. I went to the Lawbird website but only found an address for Malaga.

Hi Shiva,

As far as I know in order to demonstrate that you have been in Spain for three years any official documents issued by the administration are valid. Unless this is a new 'internal rule' which the Subdelegación in Madrid are now requesting. All immigration offices follow the same procedure but sometimes an internal rule might be created locally. Obviously if this is the case, you will be able to contest it. Have a look at the newest reglamento: http://noticias.juridicas.com/base_d...011.t5.html#c1
    Marta Flores
    Check My Profile

Filipino Mom

Smile Autorizacion de Residencia

Hi! I am a resident of Spain and married to a Spanish national. I have 3 children who just came here to visit us for the holidays and have gone home to Philippines. We want to petition my children to get the National Visa and was given a list of requirements to be handed to the Spanish Consulate in Manila and the Ministerio de Extranjeros in Spain.

What I would like to know is if I need to present the original documents here in Spain and then send them all to the Spanish Consulate in Manila with the petitioned children? or do I need to fill up the forms of the Autorizacion de Residencia and then present all the original documents (birth certificate, health certificate, etc) to the Spanish Consulate?

Please advise. Thank you very much!

JIGAR

Smile after 3 years someone will not give contract of minimum period ...

if i completed 3 years in spain and i have all documents and someone will not give me contract of minimum period what i have to do to be legal in spain...

Unregistered

Default marriage in spain

hi, i live in spain for the last 3 years. i am registered in the city council (empadronamiento), but i am illegal. Then, I married my german girl friend and got a 5-year card. However, within 4 months of the marriage, we broke up. My question is: will my card get cancelled? Can I get a permanent residence or citizenship on that card? what is my status now?

Hello

I understand that you are not divorced but separated De facto, and therefore you are still legally married. Your family realtuinship has not changed then, until a divorce has been processed.

Once you are divorced, you are granted 6 months to notify the Immigration authorities about your new situation to change you regimen to General instead of Comunitario. If you renew your card before you are divorced you won´t need to notify it, as the new card will grant you permanent right of stay and the next card renewal won’t require you to prove your relationship with the EU citizen.

If you got divorced after 3 years of marriage and you had already lived as a resident in Spain for one year, you would be given the opportunity to shift to an ordinary salaried work and residence permit, providing you have a work contract in hand, you are a self-employed individual or you have sufficient financial resources to live without the need to work. Of course the new situation has to be informed to the Immigration authorities, and you are given 6 moths to do it since the new situation takes place, that is, since the divorce sentence has been issued. If at the time your card expires, you are already divorced, you won´t be able to provide with the required marriage certificate. This means you will be able to apply for the Long Stay residence card under regimen general, showing you are no longer married to the EU citizen.

If at the time of renewal you are still a registered marriage, you will be able to get a long term residence card without a problem. I recommend you to start gathering documentation about your financial situation, as the Immigration authorities are very strict in this regard lately. Also important is to have a good relationship with your ex-partner as if she does not collaborate providing with documentation from her side, you may be in trouble to renew your card ( you need to appear together in the empadronamiento ).

You can find more information on the Extranjeria section of the Ministry of Public Administration Website: Ciudadanos No Comunitarios- Modificar una autorizacion.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Hi Patricia,

Thanks,

If my regimen is changed to from Comunitario to General, will I be legal? As I said, I am not yet legal, and I hoped that after getting married, I would get documents. Though I am not yet divorced, and hope it wont be. Just in case she divorces me, then what would be my status? With General regimen, would I be legal and member of EU, just I am now?

Regards!