Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm illegal here in spain, what do i do now to get my permiso de residencia

Hello

Yes, regimen comunitario and general ar two different immigration names to differentiate the rules that apply for the authorizations but they are both legal in terms of being authorized to reside in Spain.

You say that you are not yet legal? But you mentioned in your message you got a 5 year residence card. I am afraid your message is confusing, so please clarify so I can give you the correct advice.

If you divorce ( and you are a legal resident with the 5 year residence card as the relative if an EU citizen ), you can shift to a residence permit under regimen general; that is, you will still have a legal status but no longer considered under the ruling for those that are relatives of EU citizens.

Regards,
    Last edited by Patricia; 06-26-2015 at 01:38 PM.
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

At the moment, I am legal, and got a 5-year card after got married with my girl friend. But if she divorces me, which she said, then I would be illegal, right? Please note that I had been married for only 4 months now. I got married in February 2015, and just got a 5-year card one month ago, but now she says she will divorce me. In that case, what will be my status?

Hello

As soon as the divorce has been formalized you will no longer have the right to be considered a resident under regimen comunitario; you have the obligation to notify the divorce. If you do not divorce, your card is still valid.

You can only shift to regimen general if you have complete 3 years of marriage, being one of those years a legal resident in Spain.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello

As soon as the divorce has been formalized you will no longer have the right to be considered a resident under regimen comunitario; you have the obligation to notify the divorce. If you do not divorce, your card is still valid.

You can only shift to regimen general if you have complete 3 years of marriage, being one of those years a legal resident in Spain.

Regards,
    Thanks Patricia,

One last question. After 3 years of marriage, I can shift to regimen general. So my question is: how long is the regimen general card? Is it also for 5 years? Do I need to have a job to renew the regimen general card?

Unregistered

Default 7106

Patricia, Kindly reply to my last question:

After 3 years of marriage, I can shift to regimen general. So my question is: how long is the regimen general card? Is it also for 5 years? Do I need to have a job to renew the regimen general card?

Thanks!

Hello

If you completed 3 years of marriage and one of them being a resident in Spain, you will be able to shift to regimen general and the card will be valid for 2 years. After that you will have completed 5 years of legal residence and be eligible for the Long Stay Residence card.

You will be asked to provide with financial documentation at the time of renewal/long stay residence card application. If you do not have a job, you will have to show proof of savings or proof the unemployment benefit at least .

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default hi

Hello. I'm not yet legal here in Spain. Just want to ask if I really need every month proof of stay for three years to be able to apply for permit. I don't think I have every month. Thanks

Regards,
    Lyn

Unregistered

Question permit

HELLO, i am not yet legal here in spain ,just want to ask do you know any system 1 or 2 year ligality resident permit . i know if i stay 3 year then apply for resident its ok but i need any other option for early or any system i can apply for student or work permit visa i have just my passport and its valid 2021 but without no visa so do you fever any best option please.thank you

Unregistered

If I came in as a tourist to spain from cental american how can I start apply for permiso de residencia without tie to spain

Unregistered

i am amir my father spanish national my mother and sisiter hav residency card can i apply for familiar arraigo after 2 years ? normaily arriage time is 3years