Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-lucrative Visa

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't understand how the Consulate in Chicago comes up with $75K figure, while the law of Spain only requires 400% IPREM, which is about 26K Euros/year?
    And the law also does not say anything about regular income. It only says applicants must have enough money to support themselves for the period of staying they apply. So if visa is 1 year, 26K Euros + medical insurance should be enough. Why consulate asks for more?

Hello,

The Official information published on the Spanish Consulate of Chicago website does not mention that. You can check the requirements here.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello,

The Official information published on the Spanish Consulate of Chicago website does not mention that. You can check the requirements here.

Regards,
    Thanks, Patricia. I were referring to omigod original post and she/he quoted website of the consulate in Chicago. Did omigod find a wrong website?

Rgds,

TSN

callixtus

Default Other possible activities under the non-lucrative residency

Hi All,

I am Filipino and based in the US. I am thinking of moving to Spain next year under the non-lucrative residency. I have enough financial/economic resources to live well in Spain for a year, and possibly for two years.

I am well aware that the non-lucrative residency will not allow me to take up paid employment in Spain. My question: will I be allowed to take up non-paid volunteer work, or perhaps study masters or doctorado programs with this residence permit?

Thank you!

Unregistered

Default My web page about getting visa

I too have been struggling to find out about the income/assets requirement, and other parts of the visa process. I have been collecting info onto a web page: http://www.billdietrich.me/MovingToSpain.html

callixtus

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I too have been struggling to find out about the income/assets requirement, and other parts of the visa process. I have been collecting info onto a web page: http://www.billdietrich.me/MovingToSpain.html
    Thank you for sharing this info.

AussieLiam

Default Can you get citizenship from this visa?

Hey, does anyone know for certain if the non-lucrative visa does eventually lead to perm residency and citizenship? And if so what's time frame and process? Thanks Liam