Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms

Unregistered

Exclamation Garvyn

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm in New Zealand, but same basic theme. My deceased relative (?) was an engineer called Garyvn. This guy has to be a real clown doesn't he ? I mean .. Garyvn ? How would you even pronounce that ?
    Hey, we must be related then...........I'm in Canada.
    Garvyn was also my relative (?) and supposedly left $10.8 million with a Safe security company in Spain.
    His "lawyer" Jesus Mardomingo thinks he's entitled to half of this claim.
    What a jerk, and to all the others that keep this scam running.
    I think I received the same letter you did.

Unregistered

Same letter to me, different sirname and solicitor. Im from australia..

Unregistered

I emailed the email address on the real White & Baos website suggesting they could get the police to trace the fixed fax number or the mobile number and go around, arrest him, punish him and then deport the bastard back to Nigeria.
    Unfortunately, it appears that someone has gone to a huge amount of trouble to set up some "sort of" real looking websites for some of the scam operations. My (snail-mail) letter has a fairly real looking, but ultimately fake website to support it. Be veru careful out there.

Not sure how my 4 month old postal address got into this system, but annoyed about it.

Unregistered

Default Scam

Hello, my father just received a letter from Spain, Barcelona - with scanned signature and from Gonzales Associados. First sentence..."My NAMES are Martins Eurico..." Some poor lady died and she left her kinds amount of 13.8 million $. :-) So...beware.

maria

I to had a letter today, cant believe people go out of they way hoping that someone will take the bait. Scary, even if they only know your name and address. Not cool !

Unregistered

Default As & abogadas

SCAM WARNING
    My farther-in-law received a letter of a business proposal, assuring the inheritance of US$12.7m secured in a trust fund in Madrid.(from deceased family of similar name)
    bogus letter/scam
    The attorney wanted a 10% share to go to charity, and a split of 50/50 for the rest.

Unregistered

Default Letter from Madrid

From Edward Samuel at Cortez Abogados Law Firm in Madrid.
    Looking for a relative of someone with same last name who died in a train bombing in 2004. He wanted to share 50/50 in USD $7.5M unclaimed monies. Yah right!

Unregistered

Thumbs down Letter from Madrid posted from France

I also received a letter today. Sent by a man called Barr. Ramon Carlos, saying to represent the firm, Geer Abogados Y Associados. Saying I have received 8.7 mill U.S dollars from a person who died in a Tsunami in Spain in 2004.
    Wanting to share it with me 50/50.
    This man is a fraud! He does not exist in the register of lawers in Spain, nor does he exist in the register of the firm he claims to represent.
    I am from Norway.

Unregistered

Talking Scam from Spain Geraldo Balfour Esq.

Hi to all from down under.
    Sept. 28 and I just received a letter from the lovely chap called Geraldo Balfour esq. Same story of lost relative in the 2004 tsunami, and the same amount to be claimed 4.5 Million Euros.
    How can this scam possible works ? Haven't they heard about the internet ?
    I found these very funny so I will give them a 8 for the stamp ( thank Senior Geraldo B) and 0 on originality.

Thank you all for the warning.
    Cheers

Unregistered

Default Agree

I just got one this week. Sept 20 2012.

I think the source where they are getting this info needs to be prosecuted. They are targeting retired individuals.

Also a tip for those receiving blocked number calls from scammers. If you forward your number through to some VoIP mailboxes it will capture the blocked number. I subscribe to a VoIP service in addition to my cellphone and home number. It's a cheaply cheaply one that happens to not abide by call block standards. I noticed it one day when checking voice messages that the source number was not blocked. Lol. Love it.

Just received a letter claiming I am the sole beneficiary for $10.8M inheritance deposited in diplomatic box. I am worried where these scammers get their info???

This is their info (or not):
    Edific Crane & Asociados Abogados, Calle San Jose Zurbano 52, 28100 Madrid
    Tele: 0034-634-162-839
    Fax: 0034-917-692-729
    24 hours direct: 0034-634-162-839
    e-mail: RodrigoGonzaleze@gmx.com or rodrigogonzaleze2@ozu.es
    Should I contact the police and give them the letter?
    Very creepy
    Oh, envelope was stamped in Correos Cta Valencia