Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 22 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms

Alberich

Default geraldo balfour

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Received a letter today from Spain for €4,500,000.00 from a late relative in Spain.
    10% to be shared among charity organizations, 90% to be split between him an myself.

Letterhead and logo are printed on the paper, so no good quality company paper, stamp on the envelop is from Spain.

So be warned, they are also sending them out in the Netherlands. Though I'm slightly worried I'm receiving letters at my home address.
    H
    The same happened to me. I also receved the letter at my homeaddress in the netherlands.

Unregistered

Hi!

I'm Andrew from Hungary and received the same letter from Geraldo Balfour Associados SA stating that one of my distant relatives who lived in Spain has passed away in the Tsunami back in 2004 with all of his family membres.

Be aware of such kind of letters!

Best wishes, Andrew from Budapest

Unregistered

Default Sweden

My babysister also recived a letter, she is still a minor I should ad.

From Mr Bufete Luiz
    Plaza de Ayuntameinto 13, portal 8, 6b 46002 Valencia, Espana.
    Tel: (00--) 34 602 520 651
    Email: attorneypinto@gmail.com

The most amusing is the beginning of the letter.

Dear ----
    Firstly I must solicit your cinfidence in this transaction; this is by virtue of its nature as being utterly confidential and top secret.

From Spain and I will never visit that country, the headcount of foregin rich men is staggering it seems from the comments.

Unregistered

Default Cortez Abogados

From Canada...
    Received similar letter today from "Sr. Edward Samuel LLM"
    Our "relative" died in the 2004 Madrid train bombing, "with his family".
    Of course this was easy to check...nope no such victim.

Have any of you had government business recently where it would be easy to find names...i.e, citizenship? We have and I'm just wondering.

Unregistered

Default Scam Artist Barrister Geraldo Balfour

Hi i live in melbouren australia Ïve received the same letter from the same person and saying the same thing today first i got happy then i thought of checking his email and when i did i was shoket so im confuesd what should i do ?
    I am in Beerwah in Queensland, Australia, and have just received a letter from this DODGY SCAM ARTIST saying that I can inherit 4,500,000 Euros because a relative of mine and his family all died in a tsunami in 2004.
    Amazing how a tsunami struck in Spain - isn't it?
    It appears that this letter is being circulaterd worldwide at the moment so just ignore it or report if to the Fraud Squad!

Unregistered

My grandfather received the very same letter as some here, the only difference was, that we live in Hungary, so please note, that they aim to deceive people now here as well. (I live in Budapest)
    It is a shame, that they try to get to old people mostly, who really wish to believe in their letters.

Please add these data to your list of frauds.

C/ Zurbano 98, 28003 Madrid, Espana.
    Barrister. Bufete Leon
    Email: cbl_bufeteleon@yahoo.es
    Tel: 00-34-603-179-348

Unregistered

Default Beware of spammers posing as lawers

Received a letter today from a lawer in Madrid , Don Edward Samuel. He wanted to share 7.5 million US funds with me because a person with the same last name died with his family in the Madrid train bombing in 2004. From what I have read this is just another scammer baiting the hook for ordinary people to bite on any get rich quick oppertunity. I'M NOT GOING FOR IT. just reporting it as a warning for any others who received this letter.

Unregistered

From Canada...

Have any of you had government business recently where it would be easy to find names...i.e, citizenship? We have and I'm just wondering.

My mother received the same letter with the same name (Samuel) and the same incident (train bombing) and same amount of money. I too am from Canada. Funny thing was, they sent it to my mum whose surname is different than that of the name given. Thus she has no relation to this supposed person. Would have sounded more legit had my father's name been on the letter.

Unregistered

From Canada...

I also received such a letter (dated 18/06/2012) from a "Sr. Edward Samuel LLM., principal attorney with CORTEZ ABOGADOS law firm". I immediately identified the letter as a scam. Here are some tell tale signs that should make anyone wonder:
    * The envelope in which the letter arrived did not show any sender.
    * The letterhead showed "CORTEZ ABOGADOS Hermanos Bécquer, 8, 3. 28006 Madrid". (There is a very prominent, reputable law firm in Madrid with the name CORTES - written with an "S" at the end, but the address of CORTES ABOGADOS is not Calle Hermanos Bécquer 8, a very posh address though which /looked up on Google/ seems to have more of a deluxe residential than a business appearance).
    * The e-mail addresses given: (office) "info@cortez-es.com" at first seems to indicate by the "-es" that it is in Spain, but the ending in ".com" indicates it could be anywhere in the world. The (private) e-mail "...@gmx.com" could also be anywhere in the world.
    * The direct telephone number given, "+34 602 471 966" indicates by the country prefix (34) that it is indeed in Spain. This is a mobile (or cellular) telephone, because it does not have a city prefix.
    * My name and address (as the letter's recipient) seems copied right out from the publicly available "www.canada411.ca" record. It repeats the same single spelling mistake as on my "Canada411" listing. (While I find the "www.canada411.ca" listing very helpful, I am now seriously thinking of asking my street address to be taken away).
    I am considering whether to inform the Police in Valencia (that's where the scam letter was mailed from on June 18, 2012).
    It's a very good thing that this scam warning page exists...

Unregistered

Default Scam continues!

I am located in Canada and my wife just received the same letter, but it came from Attorney Felipe Rodriguea Cortez. The firm's name is Estudio-Dabog, Calle de Sor Angela de la Cruz, 24, 28020, Madrid, Espana. Oh, and I think the money that is in the vault is rapidly accumulating interest as the letter states that there is $12.750M.

The postage was from Portugal. I am wondering who in Portugal is also scaming their post office to send all these letters, 'cause I am sure no one is paying for the postage!