Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms

Unregistered

Hi there I have just got the same type of letter wanting me to use my surname so that they can have a "diplomatic consignment" released valued at $us 8.7 million.
    The person who left it was drowned along with his wife and all members of his family in the Boxing Day Tsunami. If it is not claimed then the whole amount is confisicated.
    The letter came from CBL LAWYERS & PARTNERS Madrid Spain and Don Bufete Leon is the "Lawyer" handling the case.
    I was first suspicious even before I opened it as there was no return address on either the front or reverse of the envelope.

Marcus D.

Unregistered

My father and i got this letter today , same story as above . They should upgrade there paper and i agree they spend alot on postage )) haha

Unregistered

Default Please add to your scammer list

Felipe Domingo Castro
    Tel: 34 603 193 608
    Fax: 34 911 881 405
    Email: fdcastr4o@estudiodabogad.eu

Calle Velazquez 14, 298001 Madrid-Espana

Estudio De Abogados & Seriucios Legales, Surcural 13-301 46021 Valencia Espana
    Tel/Fax 34 911 881 405 Email: info@estudiodaboga.eu

gaston.lanoy@skynet.be

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I live in Belgium and received 2 such letters today, one from 'Cortez Abogados' (Madrid), signed Sr. Edward SamuelLLM, another from 'Fabian Oliveira Esq' (Mallorca). Glad to find through this forum that they're a fraud. Can we undertake any steps to report these people?
    I also live in Belgium and I received a letter yesterday from Spain from 'Fabian Olivera Esq',like you.What can we do?

Unregistered

@post204: I'll take both of the letters to the local police station, but I doubt there will be much action taken... It would be nice to be able warn other people about it, as there is bound to be people taking up on the scammers' offer. I wonder go they go about reactions to their extensive mailings?

Unregistered

Angry SANTIAGO LAW CHAMBERS $ 8,650, 000.00 (Eight Million, Six Hundred & Fifty Thousand US

OUR REF: JKSS/P01/7367/16/2012 YOUR REF: USR/0074/12/PKL
    Office Address: Av. Óscar Monteiro Torres, nº 8 - 3º Dto, 1000-219 Lisbon, Portugal
    Mobile No: (011) +351-927154196/Fax No: (011) +34-917903977
    Land Line: (011) +351-21243-3994
    info@santiagochambers.net

Attn: ____ Rosen,

Before I proceed, I must first apologize for this unsolicited mail to you. I am aware that this is certainly not a conventional way of approach to establish a relationship of trust, but you will realize the need for my action. My name is Barrister Louis P. Petrich of Santiago Law Chambers. Actually, I got your contact information through your consulate while searching for a last name similar to my late client Eng. Palmer Rosen an expatriate engineer who worked with the Construction & Civil Engineering Company (Mota-Engil) in Portugal for thirteen years. He died along with his family during a car Accident, which occurred on Sunday 21st November 2004.

Before his death, he deposited $ 8,650, 000.00 (Eight Million, Six Hundred & Fifty Thousand US Dollar Only) with one of the bank here in Portugal & the Bank has issued me a notice to present the next of kin or any of the relatives, or the account will be declared unserviceable and the fund diverted to the Bank treasury. So far all my efforts to get a hold of someone related to my client have proved abortive. The bank has mandated me to present any family heir/inheritor for claim before the fund gets confiscated or reverts to the Government Recovery Fund, as unclaimed money. So I decided to search for any of my late client's relative which has been very difficult for me, as he did not declare any other person, address, partner or relatives in the official paper works of his deposit.

Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Eng. Palmer Rosen since you both share the same last name so that the fund will be transfer to you. With my position as his lawyer, I will now place your name ____ Rosen as the next of kin/distance relative to my late client. I will prepare every relevant document that will assist your claims, and facilitate the release of the fund.

Note that this transaction is 100% risk free. There is no atom of risk in connection to this business as I have worked out all modalities to complete the transaction successfully. Once the fund is transferred into your account, we shall share in the ratio of 50% for me, 50% for you as your benefit. Reply with your phone number via my fax/email address stated above or you can call me for further clarification. Please be kind to get back to me if you are not interested so that I can further my search for another partner.

At Your Service,

SANTIAGO LAW CHAMBERS
    Barrister Louis P. Petrich
    Av. Óscar Monteiro Torres, nº 8 - 3º
    Dto, 1000-219 Lisbon, Portugal
    info@santiagochambers.net
    Mobile No: (+351)-927154196
    Fax No: (+34)-917903977
    Land Line: (+351)-21243-3994

Unregistered

Default Geraldo Balfour Asociado S.A.

Received a letter today from Spain for €4,500,000.00 from a late relative in Spain.
    10% to be shared among charity organizations, 90% to be split between him an myself.

Letterhead and logo are printed on the paper, so no good quality company paper, stamp on the envelop is from Spain.

So be warned, they are also sending them out in the Netherlands. Though I'm slightly worried I'm receiving letters at my home address.

Unregistered

my mother received the same letter today supposedly from a lawyer from Sevilla, Spain(with a sevilla stamp and everything). We also live in Sweden with Chilean family but Spanish heritage. The letter said that a late relative died and she was the only one with the same last name he could find. Our last name is actually really common in spain and in most spanish speaking countries, so just writing that made us suspicious.
    The biggest mistake was that we know our family tree very well and there was no one whit that particular name.

The supposedly name of the lawyer was "Barrister Mr. Geraldo Balfour", and the company he worked in was "Geraldo Balfour Asociados".

So just to warn others of the same thing as the rest here. Don't fall for the scams of big heritage before you look up the name of the lawyer on google.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Im from Sweden and you can add this name: Barrister Geraldo Balfour, I were to inherit 4.500.000 euro. Got this letter in the mail. Info used:

Geraldo Balfour ESQ
    Solicitor, Notary Public & Law Consultant.
    GranVia de les corte 636, 2 2c 08007 Barcelona España

Unregistered

Thumbs down CBL Lawyers & Partners

I live in Canada and rec'd the same letter last week. what a shame it is a scam. i could use 8.7 million.
    I'll pass it along to the local police.

Unregistered

Default Geraldo Balfour Asciados S.A.

Hello, yes recieved a letter with similar story regarding 2004 Tsunami and an amount of 4,500,000.00 euro. I live in Australia am an older lady and have a rare name with the spelling of my name correct. Thank you to all who have posted for the information. Also, many thanks to belegal.com for having this forum.