Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms

Unregistered

Default sounds like a con

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have today the 20/9/11 here in Australia recieved a letter from Santa Alberto and Associates re madrid spain about a inheritence from a relative that I know doesn't exist plus after giving the 10% of inheritence to charity this idiot is saying that I and he share the said other 90% the scam artists are getting so bad, I wasn't taken in I hope no one else is as these people stop at nothing to rob you just thought I would post this to help others be aware.

thanks
    Today the 20/9/11 Both my mother and I each received a letter of the same nature from this so called 'law firm'. After doing a quick internet search I found other Australians have been targeted as well. Always remember the golden rule - If it sounds too good to be true...be suspicious!

Unregistered

Thumbs down guest

he he we got one too! From San alberto & associates in Madrid, SPAIN. Mailed from FRANCE!!!! should tell you something.

What he is proposing is totally illegal, he has even stated in the letter we got, that he is contacting us, as his endeavours to find a next of kin have been abortive, and wants to use our name as its the same as the deceased.

Do they really think we are that stupid!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered

I live in Victoria Australia and too recieved a similar letter, sent from Barrister Fernandes Carlos Armando. The letter claimed to inform me of a sum of money left to me by a person with the same surname as myself. My letter was also sent from FRANCE...Yes I do believe they think we are stupid!!

Unregistered

Wink Same letter

Hi I am in Australia and I have just received a letter in the mail from Barrister Santiago Alberto also. They are stupid enough to say this matter is 'utterly confidential and top secret'. I think they need to read up on their legal jargon as that gives it away to me.
    I also received one. The only thing it is good for is my friend who collects stamps. The envelope came from France however the "legal firm" is located in Spain. A scam?? Looks reasonably genuine to me (ha ha ha). Firstly I married into the family so there is no possible way I can be related to the claimed deceased person. Secondly the fact that they say "All the legal documentations to back up your claim as my client's next of kin I shall provide them" means it must be legitimate doesn't it? I must admit I was tempted to set up a dodgy email account just to make them think they had a chance of getting money out of me. This would waste their time and string them along for a while.

They then say at the end of the letter "If this business proposal offends your moral ethics, do accept my sincere apology". Apology accepted. Please move on to the next succer to fall for such a dodgy scam. A person must be extremely greedy, egocentric or desperate to fall for such a transaction.

Unregistered

Wink Same letter

I too received a letter. The only positive thing to come out of it is a stamp from France. I can give it to my friend who collects stamps and post marks. I suppose they have invested time and money into their fundraising event. They did have to pay for ink, paper, envelopes and international postage, so cut them some slack.

Firstly the fact that I married into my family name can only mean that I am not related to the deceased person, secondly the letter from Spain posted from France is not dodgy in any way, thirdly they are asking consent for me to fraudulently claim I am related to a person, fouthly they have all the documents ready to "prove" my claim... and the list goes on. Not to mention I would only receive 45% of the 7.5 million euro, 55% commission for a lawyer seems reasonably high even for their standards. I'm afraid if I am not getting at least 80%, I won't be able to pay my legal fees when the police come looking for me, but I suppose I would have enough to move to Spain myself in order to avoid extradition back to Australia.

I was appreciative of their apology for offending my moral ethics. Apology accepted (beside the fact that morals and ethics are two different things). Please find someone greedy, egotistical or desperate to prey on because that is not me. Anyone who falls for these scams almost deserve to be scammed.

Good luck with your persuit however.

Unregistered

Default xD ^^

Hi I am Moritz from Germany and I recieved the same letter.

Well he offered me 13.500.000 $ and he name his self Itube Abogado ! =D
    I was just googling the address and thank god i found this page.

Unregistered

Default aussie

hi im from Australia,
    I to recieved the same letter and i must admit its not the first time either, My offer was for $7500,000.00 as if lol, i wish some peole would just get a life,

Unregistered

I live in Victoria Australia and too recieved a similar letter, sent from Barrister Fernandes Carlos Armando. The letter claimed to inform me of a sum of money left to me by a person with the same surname as myself. My letter was also sent from FRANCE...Yes I do believe they think we are stupid!!
    hi all,i live in germany,just recieved the same letter,10% to charity,the remaining 90% shared between us,hahahaha,what a joke,hope nobody really takes this seriously.......

Unregistered

Same here....

Usual jargon mixed with fine English that they think you think is legal. But the thing I must commend them for is they went as far as registering a bank website too, very clever. I although fail to see how a supposed Spanish bank would have it's website registered to some company in INDIA. Also be aware Indians operate the same way as the Nigerians. Documentation looks real but there are always many flaws. Usually they scan a blank document then alter it to make it look real but there is always a mistake like the bank statement we received had fullstops instead of commas....

Lawyer's name: Martin Herland

Bank: Commercial Credit Union
    Bank website: www.cocrun.com

But thanks to this website I am able to hopefully let others know about this too...

Unregistered

Default San Alberto & Associates

I also received a letter today (Australia) from San Alberto & Associates claiming that I have inherited 7 million five hundred Euros.
    Based in Madrid but posted from Portugal. Wankers!