The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Can hope nationality after 11 years

Unregistered

Exclamation Can hope nationality after 11 years

Hello Patricia

I got my 1st residency in june 2007.
    I got permanent residecy in 2012.
    Then changed larga duracion EU in june 2013
    I submitted my nationlity In Mar2018. (after 10 year 9month)

when i went for my 2nd permanet residcy they said your last residency(larga duracion EU which i got in 2013) is cancelled in june 2018.(due to contract de terbajo). My case is pending in court.

My question is

Should i hope for nationality as i passed about 11 years legally. (2007-2018). They cancelled residency in 2018.

Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and awiting
    Haji.

Hello Haji,

You met the 10 years´ nationality requirement in 2017, so if your residence card was cancelled in 2018, you had already met the criteria for the nationality application. However, since you are in the middle of a court decision concerning your current status, your nationality application won´t be resolved until the courts decide on your residence rights.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello Haji,

You met the 10 years´ nationality requirement in 2017, so if your residence card was cancelled in 2018, you had already met the criteria for the nationality application. However, since you are in the middle of a court decision concerning your current status, your nationality application won´t be resolved until the courts decide on your residence rights.

Regards,
    Hello Patricia

Thanks for responding. if in case court give decision against me. then what will happen with my nationality case.
    As i described till 2017 i spent 10 years legally with residency even submitted in 2018 with residency.
    Thanks and awtg

haji

Hello Haji,

If the courts are challenging your residency rights after 2018 and they consider you have lost them, the nationality application should continue its course and be resolved, and in the meantime you should recover your residence permit. If the courts dictate you had lost residency rights before you had met the 10 years minimum residency, it will certainly have a bad impact on your nationality application. For now, you should wait for the court´s resolution and see if there are further actions you need to take concerning your residence status.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello Haji,

If the courts are challenging your residency rights after 2018 and they consider you have lost them, the nationality application should continue its course and be resolved, and in the meantime you should recover your residence permit. If the courts dictate you had lost residency rights before you had met the 10 years minimum residency, it will certainly have a bad impact on your nationality application. For now, you should wait for the court´s resolution and see if there are further actions you need to take concerning your residence status.

Regards,
    Hello Patricia
    Thanks for responding My question is will the court decide my cancelation date/period??? or The ministery already decided my date
    as in the ministery web (where we can check our resident status)my detail is as below:

Resulto No favorable
    Fecha de enterada 01/06/2013
    Fecha de resolucion 15/08/2018.

They already issued me card valid till JULY2018.

I had spent 5 years LEGALS with this card. In AUGUST 2018 not favorable. But my period 10 years already complete in 2017.

Hope you will guide me again pls

Thanks and awtg
    haji

Hello Haji,

As I already mentioned you need to wait for the Courts´ resolution. The solicitor taking care of your matter should be able to give you an update on the situation.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello Patricia
    Thanks for responding My question is will the court decide my cancelation date/period??? or The ministery already decided my date
    as in the ministery web (where we can check our resident status)my detail is as below:

Resulto No favorable
    Fecha de enterada 01/06/2013
    Fecha de resolucion 15/08/2018.

They already issued me card valid till JULY2018.

I had spent 5 years LEGALS with this card. In AUGUST 2018 not favorable. But my period 10 years already complete in 2017.

Hope you will guide me again pls

Thanks and awtg
    haji
    hello patricia

Thanks for responding but in this situation what is ur reliable opinion pls.
    Thanks & awtg
    haji

Unregistered

Exclamation Pssible continue Driving licence???

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello Patricia

I got my 1st residency in june 2007.
    I got permanent residecy in 2012.
    Then changed larga duracion EU in june 2013
    I submitted my nationlity In Mar2018. (after 10 year 9month)

when i went for my 2nd permanet residcy they said your last residency(larga duracion EU which i got in 2013) is cancelled in june 2018.(due to contract de terbajo). My case is pending in court.

My question is

Should i hope for nationality as i passed about 11 years legally. (2007-2018). They cancelled residency in 2018.

Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and awiting
    Haji.
    Hello Patricia
    My case is in High court now residency still cancelled. My driving licence is going to expire in march2021. Have i rights to renew it if yes then what will b the procedure.
    thanks and awiting
    haji