Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Validity of Regimen Comunitario card

Hybrid View

Default Validity of Regimen Comunitario card

Hi,

I am a regimen comunitario card holder. I live in Spain for almost 2 years. Then went back to Philippines to study. Since, I can stay out Spain for not more than 12 months I flew back to Spain on May 2019. But went back to Philippines again on June 2019.

Now, if I go back to Spain on June 2020,
    -is there going to be a problem?
    -Will I still be able to enter Spain?
    -or Will I lose the validity of my residency card?

Your answer will be highly appreciated. Thank you

Hello Cranerish,

You do not mention how long you have stayed in Spain since you first got the residence card. You mention you came back in May for a month, but when did you leave? You should count the days you have been in Spain per year. As a temporary residence card, an absence of more than 6 months per year involves a sanction and problems to renew the card.

You must not be out of Spain for more than 12 consecutive months, as you can be denied entry or be fined because your card can be considered as cancelled or invalidated for that reason.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

I left Spain on May 14, 2018 then came back on May 8, 2019.

So the 12 consecutive month-rule can be applied per year? For instance, every time I go out of Spain, I can stay outside for less than a year, is that right? If I left Spain again on June 25,2019 I can still go back before June 25, 2020?

Thank you for the response.

Hello Cranerish,

I understand you are risking your residence permit. Residency rights can be cancelled after 12 consecutive months out of Spain. it is a reason for the loss of the residence card.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Exclamation Validity of Regimen Comunitario card????

Hello Patricia

I m from india In 2009married with a portugessa. In 2014 divorced after 05 years before getting Permanent Comunatario. My Permanent Comunitario validity till 2024 approved after presenting proofs (Marriage period 5Years, Padron together 3Years) in ministery. In 2015 I changed my card Larga duracion EU to do a job out of spain.But did not go. spent whole time in spain.

Now i want to get again my Permanent Comunatario Card. Is it possible. and how can i get it

Thanks & Awtg
    Khalid

Hello Khalid,

You cannot recover your previous card as relative of an EU citizen because you no longer meet the requirements. You have a long term residence card anyway, so you just have to renew the card at the police station every five years. Getting the long term residence card EU grants you beneficial rights in the event you wish to move to another EU country, but you do not have the obligation to do so.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile