Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Licence annulled after 13 years

Default Licence annulled after 13 years

I have a villa in Lanzarote which i have lived in for 13 years and used a solicitor to purchase the villa.
    The villa had all paperwork correctly in place including licence , we have just found out by a spanish neighbour that the licence was annulled in the courts because of problems with the land.
    The problem was caused by the playa blanca council issuing licences by corrupt officials , so now i have a villa with no licence.
    Does anyone know what my legal rights are with this problem and what is the best action to take and against who.

Many Thanks

Paul

Hello Ginger

Generally speaking and based on your message, a liability claim can be filed at the courts against the town hall and also the developer in case the latter was aware that the license had been granted illegally. If they were found liable via that claim, they would have to compensate for damages caused. Nevertheless, we recommend you to contact a law firm that can review all the documentation related to the matter and confirm the claim can succeed.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile