Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Spanish Nationality Important Points

Unregistered

Post Spanish Nationality Important Points

Hi All,

I am going to submit my Spanish nationality application and have two questions in this regard:

1) Does the ministry still check the "medios economicos" of the candidate and base their nationality decision on that? Do they access the "vida laboral" of the candidate or can ask for providing such document? As far as I heard, since 2015, no financial information is taken into account for the nationality application. Can the experts please elaborate on that.

2) I am a Morrocan citizen and hence I will apply based on 10 years residency - when attaching the passport on the online application platform - do I have to submit all my passports for the last 10 years? Or do the authorities have access to the Spanish immigration system and can just check how many times did I go out of the Spain (to compute the "periodo fuera de Espana") etc.

Thank you.

Abdul

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi All,

I am going to submit my Spanish nationality application and have two questions in this regard:

1) Does the ministry still check the "medios economicos" of the candidate and base their nationality decision on that? Do they access the "vida laboral" of the candidate or can ask for providing such document? As far as I heard, since 2015, no financial information is taken into account for the nationality application. Can the experts please elaborate on that.

2) I am a Morrocan citizen and hence I will apply based on 10 years residency - when attaching the passport on the online application platform - do I have to submit all my passports for the last 10 years? Or do the authorities have access to the Spanish immigration system and can just check how many times did I go out of the Spain (to compute the "periodo fuera de Espana") etc.

Thank you.

Abdul
    Dear Patricia,

Still waiting for your help and guidence!

Thank you!
    Abdul

Hello Abdul,

Please read my replies:

No. They no longer request financial documentation. However, it can be submitted as additional documents to support the file. They can easily access information about your vida laboral.

They have access to that type of information from the border agency in the event they have some issues or questions. You just need to submit a photocopy of your current passport.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile