Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residence Permit

Hybrid View

Unregistered

Default Residence Permit

I hope someone can help me please with my questions.

I am a non-EU citizen married to an EU citizen for almost 5 years now and we are living in Spain. I have a residence card on the basis of this marriage and t is up for renewal. What happens if I won’t be able to renew it on time due to unforeseen circumstances?

Also, I read on the Internet that one of the requirements for renewal is a legalised and authenticated OR apostilled marriage certificate issued no more than three months prior to renewal application. Is this applicable throughout Spain or for specific areas only?

Lastly, is changing the type of my permit from regimen comunitario to regimen general applicable in my case as I have been a resident for almost 5 years now? What are the benefits of regimen general as against regimen comunitario?

Thank you very much in advance.

Unregistered

Default One more thing ..

About the "Tarjeta de residencia permanente de familiar de ciudadano de la Unión" - who gets to have this type of residence card?

Thank you in advance.

This card gives all those non EU citizens who are family of a EU or EEA resident, the ability to reside in Spain on a permanent basis.
    The card is obtained on the fifth year of residence and it and has a validity period of ten years.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Gracias, Marta!

But if you have this card "Tarjeta de residencia permanente de familiar de ciudadano de la Unión", are you considered under regimen comunitario? Will it be better if you are under regimen general?

The way I understand it regimen comunitario means you are in Spain because of your ties with an EU national. And with regimen general, you are a legal resident by virtue of continuous stay in Spain. Is this correct? I hope I am making sense.

Hello,

Yes, this is correct. Holding this card means that you are under 'regimen comunitario'. I wouldn't say that one type of residency has advantages over the other, they are just different and depending on your personal circumstances you must have the correct one. What is true is that to begin with, it is easier to obtain residency in 'regimen comunitario' than under 'regimen general'.
    Marta Flores
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Thanks Marta.

The reason I asked about regimen comuntario vs regimen general is that I am renewing my tarjeta de residencia de cuidadano and I need to show all documents again and actualizado like marriage certificate, etc. which aren't quick to get especially if you need to get them outside of the EU.

Now is it possible to change from regimen comunitario to regimen general if you have living in Spain continuously for five years?

Unregistered

Angry awaiitng ur answer

helo marta

Thanks for guidance to other chicos

My case is same like them but something are different.hope u will gude me also
    My wife is Portugesa. in 2006 we married in swedon. regstd.our marriage in spain and got (tarjeta familar de la union). from 05 years Im working. Now I have fijo job contract.

About 02 or 03 years my wife is not in my contact. I donot know she is alive or dead.

Now i have to renew the card. in this situtation can i renew the card. if yes pls tell required docs. I have her old I.D. card our marriage certificate also.

I want to divorce her. can i divorce her alone in spain.
    Thanks and awaiting.

shami

Post reminder for Answer (my above request)

pls guide me as i explained my case in above ref No.11

Unregistered

Thumbs up my husband is Non EU (Amendment)

I m cristina national portugees. I registered myself in spain and got NIF no.They issued me NIF on a green paper. This paper has no expiry date. Is it a permanent card for me. or i have to apply again for renewal. (if apply after how much time). 2. My husband (non EU)having tarjeta familiar de la union is expiring now in 2011. which one documents are required for renewal his residecy. 3.Is there any need of my documents (origional or photocopy)pls tell in detail or i have to go at there with him.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I m cristina national portugees. I registered myself in spain and got NIF no.They issued me NIF on a green paper. This paper has no expiry date. Is it a permanent card for me. or i have to apply again for renewal. (if apply after how much time). 2. My husband (non EU)having tarjeta familiar de la union is expiring now in 2011. which one documents are required for renewal his residecy. 3.Is there any need of my documents (origional or photocopy)pls tell in detail or i have to go at there with him.
    Thanks
    Hi Cristina, you have obtained a 'certificado de registro de ciudadano de la Unión Europea'. Unlike its predecessor, the 'tarjeta de ciudadano comunitario', this document has no expiry date. It will last until you notify the Spanish authorities that you no longer wish to reside in Spain. With regards to the documentation required for your husband's permit renewal, please don't hesitate to contact our immigration department at Lawbird.
    Marta Flores
    Check My Profile