Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: bring my new family from philipines to spain

Hybrid View

Unregistered

Default bring my new family from philipines to spain

Hi I am a spanish national currently here in philipines with my Filipina girlfriend and we have a baby I want to bring them in spain to start a new life with them what I need to do please help

Hello,

As you are a Spanish national, you have the right to take your family with you to Spain. Your child will be considered a Spanish national as he is the son of a Spanish citizen, so what you need to do is to process his passport at the Spanish embassy so he can travel. Regarding your spouse, she can apply for a visitorĀ“s visa and once in Spain, apply for the residence card as the relative of an EU citizen. This application will have to be filed by her , personally, at the relevant Immigration office ( Oficina de Extranjeria ).
    Bear in mind that as the spouse of a Spanish national, she will be eligible for the Spanish nationality application after one year holding a residence status.

Feel free to drop us an email if you need further assistance.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello,

As you are a Spanish national, you have the right to take your family with you to Spain. Your child will be considered a Spanish national as he is the son of a Spanish citizen, so what you need to do is to process his passport at the Spanish embassy so he can travel. Regarding your spouse, she can apply for a visitorĀ“s visa and once in Spain, apply for the residence card as the relative of an EU citizen. This application will have to be filed by her , personally, at the relevant Immigration office ( Oficina de Extranjeria ).
    Bear in mind that as the spouse of a Spanish national, she will be eligible for the Spanish nationality application after one year holding a residence status.

Feel free to drop us an email if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Thank you Patricia for the reply but I have one more concern about my Filipina girlfriend as much as i want to marry her but she was previously married to a filipino and they are not divorced yet because Philippines does not have divorce law and only annulment is available but it is very expensive which she cannot afford and i cannot help her yet due to my financial instability but we will save money once we are in spain to resolve this. But is her marital status would be a problem for me to bring her in spain? hoping for your reply muchas gracias

Hello,

Her marital status stops you from getting married or register as Law partners in Spain and this will be a problem If you need to prove the family relationship in terms of residence card or visa application. If she applies as an ordinary visitor, I believe the Spanish embassy in Manila has set a list of requirements.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile