Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: married to a british national in spain

Default married to a british national in spain

hi all,

i got married to my wife a british national in spain and i have 5 year Spanish Regimen Comunitario, but now our marriage is not going well i want to know can i renew my resident permit with out her or i cant

Hello Sita2002,

You have not stated the number of years you have been married for. This is important to know. Nevertheless regardless the number of years, as soon the divorce sentence comes through, you will need to request a change of residence ( From regimen comunitario to regimen general) within 6 months. It is vital to do it within this period of time as you could otherwise lose the opportunity to change it, resulting in a denied permit.

If you have been married for more than 5 years it is possible that the permanent residence will be granted.

If you have been married for less than three years, you will need to prove that you are working and registered at the social security. If you are not, then you will need to present all the documentation required for applying for a salaried or a self employed permit, whichever applies to you. We would advise you to contact a lawyer specialized in immigration matters in order to take care of this delicate process.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Default thank you very much

Hello Dear Marta,

thank you very much for the information we have been married for more than 3year and am still working registered at the social security my 5years we expired in 2010,and the divorce sentence has not comes through yet

Dear Sita2002,

I would recommend that you begin searching for a local immigration lawyer who will be able to help you with your case. Remember to begin procedures as soon as the divorce sentence comes through. Do not wait until your permit has expired in 2010. If you do, you will loose your permit. It is a very common mistake.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

sylnyc

Default Seperacion de bienes

I own 50% of a flat in madrid with my ex partner. She left me four months after we bought the place.

It has been rented for 2 years the apartment. We can not reach an agreement. She does not want to give me back all the money I have put into the investment of the apartment.

I have stopped paying 19 months now. I can not afford rent in new york and my part of the mortgage. The apartment is rented and most of the mortgage is being covered

What are my options now???

She is offering me less than half of my investment or wait ten years.

I really need some help.

Hello Dear Marta,
    some mouths ago i asked for an advise about my residence in spain now i have got my divorce sentence comes through i mean the divorce certificate with me and i want to remarry now with my new partner who is also an EU National do i need to change From regimen comunitario to regimen general before i get marry again? i still have 16 mouth to my regimen comunitario
    i really need some advise