Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The Licence of First Occupation Explained

holly

Default The Licence of First Occupation Explained

Hello,
    in response to your helpful post I do not think I explained properly the information I
    was interested in.
    I just want to know why and what is happening which is holding up our LFO after we have been made legal on the PGOU.
    We are not wanting to take any action against the developer. We are thinking of selling our apartment and this would be better with a LFO.
    Also the ten year limit which needs no LFO for resale, when is this applicable from the year the purchase contract was signed and deposits made or the year the sale contract was signed.
    I would be greatful for any advice.
    Is it worth sending a legal letter to the Town Hall for information or will they be in the dark along with everyone else? It must be three years since the new PGOU came out, why is this taking so long for La Reserva de Marbella?

bettyespana

We bought our off-plan home in Orihuela Costa 10 yrs ago.We have never had our LFO,however we do have our deeds from the Land Registry.Those were received 6mnths after moving in.We were disconnected from builders water/electric & connected to our own supplies with no problem.Our builder was Technologia Urbanistica who are now bankrupt & the Town Hall say they cannot help us.Our urbanisation was abandoned before the work was all completed however as there are 100+ homes we have carried out the uncompleted work ourselves at a large cost.What else can we do in order to get the relevant documents.I must also add that this has not affected any re-sales of our properties. Thank You.

Hello Bettyespana,

In principle, the Community of Owners would have to be the ones to hire the services of an architect to certify the building works have been completed in compliance with the project that was filed at the town hall when applying for the Building´s Licence, that would eventually lead to the First Occupation Licence. Of course, we recommend you to have a solicitor check all the related documentation before taking any action.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Dee

Hi wonder if you can give us some advice please. We purchased a ruin in Orihuela seven years ago and we were advised by our builder that it would be cheaper to build a new build on the plot rather than renovate the ruin. He assured us that he would obtain all permissions etc. Seven years on we find that this was not the case and we have an illegal build that we have a mortgage of over 200,000 on. We have electric and water contracts and pay suma and the new build is registered we also have deeds for both properties. Somewhere down the line, we also paid an official to prepare papers saying the building has been there over four years with no problems from the council. We are not looking to sell at the moment but concerned we have no Certificate of Habitation, we have enquired at the Town Hall and they say its an illegal build and they cannot issue one. Is there anything we can do to obtain one please?
    Dee

UXrlBTzFXP

http://ruizialtaba.com/studio/ambienonline/#21203 generic ambien online no prescription - ambien 5 mg tablet

Hello dee, im glad to have found this site tonight and surprised the lawyers didnt reply... I was wondering if you had received any replies with help from anywhere. We are in similar position trudi

Default The Licence of first occupation

We purchased a Finca in 2005, it did not have an escetura but this got by the seller prior to completion (It was built 1958?) and required total reform, we had an Architect and paid Town Hall Licence fees. It had electricity but no water, Galasa connected the supply in 2006, we were not aware that we had builders supply. The renovation was completed in 2010, we were not aware that that we needed to apply for 1st Occupation License and Galasa did nothing until 28 April 2015 when they came and removed the water meter, we were totally unaware of this as we were in the UK, a British neighbour informed us in May 2015 as he went to check on the property and noticed plants dying and when he checked the water it was off, he went down and checked the box and the meter had been removed.

We had to come to Spain to sort it out, Galasa would not reconnect without the license and in order to start the ball rolling we had to pay for a Town Hall Architect to redraw the escetura, we had to fit a septic tank and in order to do this we had to demolish our garden wall to get the mechanical digger in, the patio around the pool had to be dug up and the garden spoiled, taxes have to be paid for the new property value at a cost of approx. €11,000. I don't understand why we need the license we are not 1st occupation we purchased a run down finca and reformed it. Galasa reconnected the meter on 19 June 2015, totally disgusted that they could do this. The Fuentes in our village have been redirected and piped to the Spanish villagers, we were not given the option to have a supply and can no longer go to the fuente for spring water.
    Last edited by Sue Chippendale; 07-06-2015 at 03:03 PM.

I have an apartment which is 25 years old and do not have an occupation license. I asked the president of the community about this and she said that some blocks do have them but mine doesn't. Should I push them to obtain one for me or is it up to me to get this sorted out? and indeed, do I need one?

JOHN S M

Hello, An apartment I am buying has had its original bathrooms x2 completely refurbished, Showers,loos,tiles (floors,walls) Wiring, Etc, Original square meters. Built in 2004 and refurbished in 2014 aprox. Do I need any type of certificate (minor) or other to comply with
    local laws. Marbella area. Many Thanks..JSM.

Juju

Hi, we are wanting to buy a townhouse in Los Altos de Aloha but it doesn’t have 1st occupancy license. We would live in it permanently. These house’s were built in the 80s and are lived in. Apparently the community have applied for the license but with the backlog in Marbella, they say it could take a while. Is it too risky to buy without it? Is there a chance it could be demolished or similar? Or that we would incur hefty fines?