Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Spanish Citizenship

Hello,

No, Spain does not allow for US passport holders to have dual Spanish Nationality. When in Spain, they are only Spanish citizens.

If you are eventually able to get a work permit in Spain and you were born in Spain, you will be eligible for the Spanish Nationality after only one year holding a resident status. If your mother already holds a Spanish passport, you are considered a Spanish citizen by origins and you are free to apply for your Spanish passport whenever you like.

You can check the information at the Ministry of Justice Website, Nationality Section.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

hi

if i was born in Spain Valencia 1980 shown in my birth certificate and my father studied and worked in Spain ,but i stayed for two months with my family and then got back with them to Middle east i can apply for citizenship in this case or not ?

regards

Hello,

You can apply for the Spanish Nationality after one year of legal residency in Spain. Therefore, the first step for you is to become a Spanish resident. You can check the various residency options on the Spanish Employment and Social Security Ministry´s Website, Immigration section.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

thank you dear Patricia appreciate your help