Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spanish Citizenship

luis

Default nacionality

Hola

im living in london my father is spanish and im from peru , never saw him before untill now ..
    can i apply for the spanish nacionality here in uk ,as my father cant flight anywhere becouse he is very sick and also im ilegal here ???
    thanks for your help..

Hi Luis,

This question is better answered by your nearest Spanish Consulate. If it is located in London, you will need to visit them in person. They are opened from 9.15 am to 2pm and you will need to go to the registro civil department.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Shocker"

Default warowns new

I know it sounds weird but i was being serious..

Hi,

I'm a Mexican citizen studying in Spain with a study permit since November 2009. My father and grandmother are Spanish citizens (both born out of Spain) and my great-grandfather was born in Spain. I have all their birth certificates and citizenship documents.

How can I apply for citizenship myself?

Hi Jebby,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
    First of all you need to find out whether your father is a Spaniard of origin. If this is the case you will be able to request citizenship via bloodline instead of residency. If he is not a Spaniard of origin then you will be able to request citizenship via residence.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default Information Required

Hi,

I am living in UK on Pakistani Passport and I am going to marry next month with the Spanish lady. I need some information about how to aquire a Spanish Citizenship after marrying her?

Dear Marta Flores
    How do I become Spanish citizen by virtue of the marriage and landing ?

Dear Sir,
    I am an Iranian citizen Dr , have Hungarian long term resident
    ( EU ) permit , i am planning to marry with Spanish girl, and I want to go to live in Spain too.
    Meantime i will going to buy a 2 room flat under my name in Spain also,

Could you tell me please, what will be the procedure for me to obtain spanish citizenship. How long will it take? and if i have land under my name is it effect and make it faster in a time ?
    shall i going to have advantage of that or not?

As i mention i have Eu Hungarian resident Permit ,did i get imminently long term resident permit or what kind of residency should obtain to make it easier
    Thanks a lot
    Best regards
    Dr F.S

Quote Originally Posted by shajar View Post
    Dear Marta Flores
    How do I become Spanish citizen by virtue of the marriage and landing ?

Dear Sir,
    I am an Iranian citizen Dr , have Hungarian long term resident
    ( EU ) permit , i am planning to marry with Spanish girl, and I want to go to live in Spain too.
    Meantime i will going to buy a 2 room flat under my name in Spain also,

Could you tell me please, what will be the procedure for me to obtain spanish citizenship. How long will it take? and if i have land under my name is it effect and make it faster in a time ?
    shall i going to have advantage of that or not?

As i mention i have Eu Hungarian resident Permit ,did i get imminently long term resident permit or what kind of residency should obtain to make it easier
    Thanks a lot
    Best regards
    Dr F.S
    Dear Dr. F.S.,

You may apply for Spanish citizenship, for which you first need to become Spanish resident by virtue of marriage. Once a year has passed since you obtained residency, you may be eligible for Spanish nationality.

Having property will prove that you have means but it is not necessary. You will however be expected to have some sort of financial stability.

Regarding time, 2 years is acceptable.
    Antonio Flores
    Abogado/Lawyer
    Lawbird Legal Services | Contact Me
    Instagram | Read my Blog

hi thanks for fast replay
    for financial stability shall i have to work any pay taxes ?or if i deposit money in bank and show it to government it will be enough?
    so if i have own flat and good amount of deposit Eu in bank is it going to be sufficient or 100% i have to have a job in hospital and work?
    and if my wife has a work is it going to be enough or it count separately?
    my next question is that shall i wait to complete one year residency and one year after timing of marriage to apply? or it is going independent if i am marriage?
    for example i have new residency and pass for 3 month and after 3 month of that i will have marriage so my one will calculate from date of marriage registration or time of residency
    thanks in advance
    best regards
    dr F.s

Hello Shajar,

Financial stability can be proven by various means depending on your work circumstances. A work contract in Spain would be acceptable if it indicated a full time job with an average salary and if your future wife also works ( in Spain ), showing proof of her solvency would support your application. In the event you did not have a job for the time being, bank estatements showing a minimum of 5.000 € balance woud be required, tough this amount varies among provnces as not all immigration offices follow the same criteria.

With regards to your questions about timescale, you first need to apply for your residence card based on your famly relationship with the Spanish citizen ( right after the relationship has been formalized ), and only after one year of having obtained the residence card, will you be entitled to apply for citizenship. You mention you have new residency, though I understand you mean a residence permit in Hungary, that does not affect the Spanish residence permit that you need.

You can find the exact information on Hoja 103 of the Immigration Office section, Ministry of Home Affairs´ website.

You can contact me by emaial after clicking on my profile if you prefer to discuss your case in detail.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile