Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spanish Citizenship

Default Spanish citizenship

Dear Ms. Pontes,

I would need to know what is the documentation that she has processed to date, in order to find out what is the exact pending documentation and if there was or not the need for her to travel to Spain. In any case, the Spanish embassy in UK should be able to guide her in the right direction.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Smile Spanish citizenship

Hello.

I am Egyption and I am married to a Spanish for two years now but we live
    in the UK. what do I need to apply for Spanish citizenship ??
    Do I need to live in Spain for a period of time to obtain that ??

thanks alot.

Ali.

Unregistered

Default Can I apply for a Spanish Passort whilst in UK?

Hello Good People,

I am a none EU national married to a Spanish citizen since 10yrs, we got married in Spain and Lived there for 5yrs before relocating to UK and we then both receivec our 5yrs resident card to enable us live and work here. Can I now apply for my Spanish passport here in UK?

Thanks for your response

Hi,

The Spanish law states that you will need to have resided in Spain for at least a year previous and immediate to your citizenship request.
    The other prerequisite, which is having been married for a least a year, you comply with.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Hi Ali,

Sorry, I missed your question!

Again I need to give you the same response as was given to the last member: to opt for Spanish citizenship you will need to have resided in Spain for at least a year previous and immediate to your citizenship request.
    Marta Flores
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Smile Spanish Citizenship/nationality codes and aliens law

Hola,
    I'm research assisstant at Gazi University Faculty of Law (Turkey). and we've a Spanish erasmus student this somestre. He attends nationality law and aliens' law lectures, but of course it is not useful for him to learn Turkish citizenship law. So our lecturer wanted him to find Spanish citizenship/nationality codes/laws and also Spanis aliens' law in English. But he didn't find them at all. Could you help me to find these documents (in English of course)???

Thank you

fabio

Default hi

hi i have a doughter born in spain and her mother is from spain my nacionality is ecuadorian livin in uk my question is ...can i apply for spanish citicien becouse of my doughter ? ...

Hi Fabio,

No, you won't be able to do this.

You can apply for citizenship via marriage (if your wife is a Spaniard of origin) and after you having resided in Spain legally for a year. Or you can also apply via residence, after having resided in Spain legally for two years.
    Marta Flores
    Check My Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hola,
    I'm research assisstant at Gazi University Faculty of Law (Turkey). and we've a Spanish erasmus student this somestre. He attends nationality law and aliens' law lectures, but of course it is not useful for him to learn Turkish citizenship law. So our lecturer wanted him to find Spanish citizenship/nationality codes/laws and also Spanis aliens' law in English. But he didn't find them at all. Could you help me to find these documents (in English of course)???

Thank you
    Hi,

I would refer you to the civil code (for nationality matters) and to the Ley Organica 4/2000 sobre derechos y libertades de los extranjeros, for immigration matters. Obviously these are in Spanish so perhaps you will need the Erasmus student to translate the main points. See the following links:
    http://noticias.juridicas.com/base_datos/Privado/cc.html (Staring from article 17)
    http://noticias.juridicas.com/base_datos/Admin/lo4-2000.html
    Marta Flores
    Check My Profile

Hello, i am a Turkish citizen studying medicine in France. I have loved Spain for some reason i don't know, since my childhood. Apart from marriage, what are the ways of becoming a Spanish citizen?

I guess - of course i need to - i will move to Spain after i graduate as a doctor. Diploma of my university is legal in Spain. I do know Spanish language and Spanish history from prehistoric ages until recent events.

However i have no relatives that has anything to do with Spain. Only that i have been to there a couple of times.

What are my chances and how long would it take, what do i need to do?
    Is it possible to have dual citizenship also?

- I will be 27 when i graduate, and most probably, not married.
    - Have no criminal records or anything to do with crime-related stuff.
    - My parents are respected people who don't have anything to do with crime neither.
    - I don't use drugs or anything.
    - Am very enthusiastic about living / working or serving Spain in any way.
    Last edited by Shocker; 11-02-2010 at 06:47 PM.