Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spanish Citizenship

Smiles

Default Spanish Citizenship

Hi all,
    I have a Spanish father and am considering applying for a Spanish passport. I'm 28 and have lived and worked in the UK all my life but there are certain things pulling me towards Spain. Therefore I have just a few questions:

Can I apply for a Spanish passport whilst still living and working in the UK?

Do I have to spend any length of time in Spain before my being granted Spanish Citizenship?

Regards
    Smiles

Hi Smiles,

Yes, in your case ( your father being Spanish) you will be able to apply for Spanish citizenship whilst living in the UK. In your case you don’t need to become resident in Spain to order to request it.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default Also!

Hello!

I find it interesting, and how about a Tunisian living in the Uk married to a Spanish Citizen since three years please?

Do i need to be a resident for a year also?

Yes, in order to opt for Spanish citizenship you will first need to reside legally in Spain for one year.
    Marta Flores
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Question informitions

hi
    im from pakistan im living in uk and working in uk.i need spainsh citizenship.plz tell me .how can i apply? how can i regesterd my self in spain ?and can i apply online? i dont have pakistani passport.can i apply from uk?

Hi,

Unless you have any Spanish parents you will need to reside legally in Spain before you can request it.
    Marta Flores
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Hi, I'm Moroccan citizen married to a spanish sweetheart in UK.

When will I be entitled to apply for Spanish Citizenship?

Cheers

You will be entitled to Spanish citizenship, after having resided legally in Spain for one year. The other requirement is that you have been married to a Spanish citizen for at least one year.
    Marta Flores
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default Residency Requirement & Renouncing

Married to a Spanish citizen. How long to actually live in Spain to qualify for 1 year residence. Required to renounce current citizenship and turn in current passport?

Unregistered

Default Spanish Citizenship

Hello, I'm brazilian and my mother lives in England, she has Spanish citizenship almost ready but can't leave England to sign such documents, because she has a job, then I wonder if she can finish the Spanish citizenship in England because she only need to sign a spanish birth certificate and then take her passport.

I hope an answer, thank you!

Iara