Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alberto Ganez Y Socio

Alberto Ganez y Socio

Default Alberto Ganez Y Socio

Could you please let me know if there is a registered attorney in spain called Alberto Ganez Y Socio located at Marbella Malaga.

Update: please read this forum thread.-

Warning: Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms - Friday 13th March 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

Why do you want to know?
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 03-17-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Administrator

I have never heard of this law firm, and it's probably bacause it was made up by some fraudsters conducting 419 Nigerian advance fee frauds.

We have recently received many enquries from Australian visitors who claim to have received a letter from a Spanish lawyer letting them know about an unclaimed inheritance left by someone who share their same surname. I am afraid this is nothing but a scam.

The suffix "y Socio" is present in many of these made up law firm names.

We recommend that you do not have any dealings with these people.

Unregistered

I have just received a letter from this 'lawyer' with some dodgy sounding deal involving some fraudulent 'inheritance'....I would say ' avoid like the plague'....there is no such thing as a free lunch and my alarm bells started to ring as soon as i read the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have just received a letter from this 'lawyer' with some dodgy sounding deal involving some fraudulent 'inheritance'....I would say ' avoid like the plague'....there is no such thing as a free lunch and my alarm bells started to ring as soon as i read the letter.
    Dear Sir/Madam,

You do well being wary of lawyers that contact you out-of-the-blue on inheritances of unknown distant relatives for zillions of euros (everyone's dream that turns out to be a living nightmare). And all this for the modical sum of ten thousand euros to be paid invariably... upfront.

This scam has been going on for years.

These scammers are not lawyers, they only pretend to be and greatly damage the reputation of Spanish lawyers. Ask these lawyers for their Spanish Bar Association number, name and surname and we can confirm if they are indeed legitimate.

I draw your attention on this excellent post written by admin:

9 Tips on How to Determine if an Offer is a Scam
    October 17th, 2008 @ 14:10 by admin

We are receiving a dozen queries every day asking about the legitimacy of certain offer, generally received by email or over the phone after a cold call. Unfortunately, we cannot analyze case by case, and therefore will provide a set of useful hints which will help you evaluate the legitimacy of the company or individual yourself.

The list below is provided in no particular order:

1. Is the domain name old enough? By means of a Whois search you can find out when the domain name was registered. If it’s only a few weeks old, be suspicious.

2. Are they using mobiles? – If the phones used as contact numbers are mobile numbers instead of land lines, it’s definitely not a good sign. In Spain, mobile numbers start by +34 6..

3. Have you been contacted out of the blue? – If you where cold called, or received an email from someone you don’t know, ask yourself why these people have your contact details.

4. Are you being requested to pay money upfront? This is the single most worrying point if it comes in conjunction of with one or more of the above.

5. Is the offer too good to be true? If the offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

6. Is the company properly registered? – Although it’s something positive if they can provide you with company registration details, you shouldn’t give this point too much importance. Fraudsters have been registering companies for decades with the sole purpose of deceiving (e.g. dozens of companies where incorporated by fraudsters to conduct the infamous Timeshare Resale Scam)

7. Is the address for their offices correct? – Not sure why, fraudsters tend to provide you with fake addresses which don’t really exist. Check any of the online street directories and find out if the address provided is correct.

8. Something strange about their names? Funny names such as “Woley Fernandez” or “Barrister Perez Santos ESQ” are names made up by Nigerians conducting 419 advance fee scams (the terms “Barrister” or “ESQ” don’t exist in Spanish law). Also, fraudsters tend to cite fake organisms such as “The Ministry of Finance” or “The Security Company”.

9. What others are saying – Use search engines to find information about the company. Try putting the company in inverted comas, and add terms like “scam” or “fraud”. The company or individual you mention might have already been reported online as fraudsters by other people.

Needless to say, the above list shouldn’t be taken as definitive, nor the absolute legitimacy o illegitimacy of a company established based on one or more of the above points. You can use it, however, to personally evaluate the risk of the transaction.

My recommendation is that you never pay any moneys upfront if you have been contacted out of the blue. However, if you have to, before doing so always suggest the use of an escrow company (chosen by you) to hold the funds until the product or service has been delivered. If they refuse, I recommend that you back off.

Always remember; have a lawyer analyze the transaction before making any up-front payments.
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 05-17-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Unregistered

Default Alberto ganez Y Socio

Hi All,

My husband and i received this letter on Thursday (29/01/09). Please do not be fooled or even tempted by these low lifes, if you receive the letter have a read and a giggle but nothing else. Ensure that you note the unoriginal signature, the fake stamp, a mobile number instead of a land line..... Abd ask yourself the following question, if their was an inheritence with that sum of money involved wouldn't you be contacted via phone??

Although it would be everyones dream come true unfortunately it remains just that a dream....

So throw the letter away, have a few beers and show it to your mates and go and purchase a Lotto ticket - as at least that has a chance of coming through for you!!!

Have a great day.

Unregistered

Talking not very inteligent

i received one of these letters on the 2/2/09 and i found it quite amusing that they thought my last name was my first and that they claimed to be a Spanish lawyer and yet their clients name was clifford kurt. For one the name Clifford is definately not Spanish and Kurt is Irish.

An Irish man with a spanish lawyer ummm i dont think so

not so smart these fraudsters, its amazing people actually fall for it.

Unregistered

Default Clifford Socio

I have a letter from a Clifford I Socio an Irish lawyer whom has millions of euros for me, I am just so lucky; not.

Unregistered

Exclamation Clifford I Socio

Recently received a letter from a so-called "Clifford I Socio" or Barrister Tim Clifford in Ireland. There are a number of things wrong with it:

- No letterhead on the envelope. Surely a legal business like "Clifford I Socio" would have its own envelopes made.
    - The stamp on the envelope is on the bottom right, sideways and not date stamped by a post office.
    - Dated on the front is March, while the letter was received in July. Surely a bank - with that much money in limbo - would act quickly, as would the barrister
    - Computerised signature. If this person is requesting to split the multi-million Euro inheritance, you would think they would sign the letter themselves.
    - "The Bank" remains unspecified
    - A few million Euros in an account, and we need YOU to help secure the funds. Who leaves behind millions of Euros stashed in an account without prescribing an inheritor in their will?
    - We are sending this to you because you have the same last name as our client. Surely a surname whose origin is Irish can't be too rare in Ireland that you had to find someone internationally.
    - The telephone number given - which should be landline - is completely unrelated to the landline number of a business 2 streets away from where Clifford I Socio claims to be located.
    - I'm fairly sure only Americans spell 'organisations' with a 'z'.

Naturally, this is a only brief list of some of the falsehoods in the whole scenario. Like it was said before, if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

If all you require is my "honest cooperation" so that the "intended transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you and me from any breach of the law", don't "point out that [you] want 10% of this money to be shared among the charity Organizations, while the remaining 90% is shared equally between us".
    No, I don't "wish to achieve this goal with [you]" and no, I won't "get back to [you] with [my] interest for further explanations."

Unregistered

Post News Report About Clifford I Socio

http://www.whyallanewsonline.com.au/...d/1871367.aspx

Warning not to get scammed
    28 Jun, 2010 11:30 PM
    A Whyalla Playford resident is tired of receiving scam letters.

The woman raised her concerns to the Whyalla News on Thursday after receiving two "scamming letters" in two days.

The resident said she wished to raise the issue to create awareness of the scam.

She said it was the elderly within the community where her worries laid and she did not want to see them "get ripped off".

The woman said she was concerned these people did know her personal details, details not even found in the yellow pages.

She said this was not the first time she had received such letters and recently was sent a "five cent piece" scamming letter.

The letter the resident received was from a company titled "Clifford I Socio" from 03 Castlemain Street, Atholone Co Westmeath.

"Firstly, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction; this is by virtue of its nature as being utterly confidential and top secret," the fraudulent letter said.

"Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make any one apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day."

The resident told the Whyalla News even the language in the letter could make one very suspicious.

She said for those who had received such mail to make sure it was shredded and more importantly ignored.

The letter continued to state its purpose was for "you to help secure the funds left behind by my late client, to avoid being confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this fund value six million, one hundred thousand euros deposited by my client before death".

The local resident said she wanted to raise awareness to the issue to avoid others being scammed.

Eyre & Western Local Service Area operations manager Inspector Scott Denn said scam letters, like scam telephone calls are not new.

"They have been around for many years and are getting generally more sophisticated, potentially trapping innocent members of the public into releasing vital personal information which may lead to the loss of money in most cases," he said.

"There are no new scams in Whyalla on any scale but I have no doubt that there are always people trying this everywhere."

He said in all cases police will investigate the matter and where appropriate will take action.

"If caught, offenders may be prosecuted," Inspector Denny said.