Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miguel Rodriguez & Associates

Unregistered

Default Miguel Rodriguez & Associates

I think I got one of these scam letters from spain, From Miguel Rodriguez & Associates, promising money (7,500,000.00 euro left by a deceased with the same name)

Administrator

It's the clasic nigerian 419 advance fee fraud.

The website was registered 5 weeks ago:

Domain Name.......... miguelrodriguezandassociates.com
    Creation Date........ 2010-08-23
    Registration Date.... 2010-08-23
    Expiry Date.......... 2011-08-23
    Organisation Name.... miguelrodriguezandassociates
    Organisation Address. PO Box 61359
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. Sunnyvale
    Organisation Address. 94088
    Organisation Address. CA
    Organisation Address. US

Unregistered

Hi, yes me too, I'm in Australia and I just received the letter... I straight away knew it was a scam, and thought I'd google the name to see if anyone else has received the letter. A-holes!

Unregistered

Same here. Received the letter in the mail yesterday and just ignored it. Was just curious to see whether it was going for a long time already, so I google it. Makes you wonder where they get your details!?

Unregistered

Got two letters in the mail about 2 weeks apart.Same story but the one relative that died was Albert and the next letter was Lyman.Albert left us US$ and Lyman left us Euros.Very funny!!Few years ago we also won the Spanish Lotto.They must think we're an easy target.

Unregistered

I got a letter to.It has a lot of detail on it. I may reportted to the Police.

Unregistered

Got the same scam letter. Thanks for all the posts, makes me feel much better.

Unregistered

Default me too

I got the same same scam letter today here in Australia, it's in the recycling bin...
    But yeah, where do they get our info from ?!?

Unregistered

Unhappy pftttt

Got that nice letter too. 7 500 000 euros..hehehe. Sure why not. but unfortunately my account doesn't accept anything under 8 000 000 "euros". Shame, i really could have used the left over change. Has anyone thought about playing along with this spanish donkey?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Has anyone thought about playing along with this spanish donkey?
    They are almost never Spanish, but mostly Africans (probably Nigerians). They operate from Spain because our legal system allow them to run these scams and get away with it.

There are people who do play along with these fraudsters (scam baiters). One of the most popular is The Ebola Monkey Man.